PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual TBs and MAFs, stock PCM?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual TBs and MAFs, stock PCM?

Suppose you wanted to build an LS-powered car in which using the normal forward-facing throttle body orientation was impossible and reversing the intake to face backward was doable but less than optimal. Suppose further that you wanted to use a custom intake similar to this Nissan -- i.e., crossed-over runners to interconnected plenums, each with its own side-facing throttle body and MAF. Would you have any chance of making this work (either drive-by-wire or cable TB) with a GM PCM, or would you be forced to use something more flexible like MoTeC?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

I'd say you'd be saving yourself a lot of trouble just going speed density on a setup with dual throttle bodies.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, let's first just deal with half the original questions. Would you have any chance of making dual throttle bodies work (either drive-by-wire or cable) with a GM PCM, or would you be forced to use something more flexible like MoTeC?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could also run 2 GM pcms, one per side of the motor (Ford does this on the aston martin V12 (circe 2003-4ish) and Dodge did similar with a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder pcm on the original vipers.

I see no reason 2 mechanical throttle bodies could not be used, but you would need to have a crossover for the IAC motor, since I do not think 2 could be run in parallel. Only put a TPS sensor on one of the TB's and make sure both are opened/closed exactly the same.

Ryan

Search this Thread