PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning shift points

Old 06-25-2003, 07:46 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning shift points

What is the exact procedure for raising the shift points with edit? I raised them a couple hundred rpm when I first got edit but now everything I try don't work. Right now I am trying to make it shift at 6300 but it hits the limiter or something at like 5900 and won't shift until I lift. I raised the engine rev limit to 6850 to rule that out of the equation. What am I missing?
Old 06-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Default Re: tuning shift points

ttt... Having the same problem
Old 06-26-2003, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

holy christ, lower that rev limiter.

1. I kept the stock 6000 rpm shift points
2. modify the MPH
3. Note that if you add a underdrive pulley or add something that ramps up your RPMs quicker than normal you'll be lowering the MPH shift points not adding to them (at least I did)

Be careful you dont over rev the engine and float a valve or something (not good)

6000 is really where you want the pcm to shift because by the time it does you're already at 6200. Note, Tachs are slow on f-bodies so dont rely on them, rely on autotap(or other diag.) data.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:15 PM
11 Second Truck Club

After the pulling of much hair I found the problem-There is a rev limiter under idle/limiters called ETC by gear or something. That was still set at 5900 across the board and once I raised it to match all the other rev limiters then it started shifting at whatever rpm I tell it to shift. By the way where can I get a copy of the edit "users manual" that everybody talks about? I am sure I could under stand a lot more of this stuff if I had a reference book. Thanks.

Search this Thread