Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way past security code??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any way past security code??

My car is throwing the security code and won't allow it to roll over. The ignition switch is working because radio, fuel pump, etc., is all working. When you try to turn it over though, it just dont even attempt to. I noticed the security code is on and it never has been before. I gotta get the car back for a second tune but cant because it wont start! Is there any way to get by this??

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-14-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

If the car wont turn over then that means that the BCM is the issue. Probably a loose or broken wire from the key switch to the bcm itself. You can manually wire in a resister that matches your key right at the BCM so you dont have to worry about wiring issues. But to find the right resisters that will match you have to go to a car alarm install place and get them. They are all odd ohms so radioshack wont have the exact ones in stock.

As for programming it out. You can only program out the computer vats, not the bcm part. Computer can shut off engine, Bcm can make it so the starter wont turn over..
Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it was working ok before and just started, the resistor in the key may be a little dirty/oily. Both my '98 cars have given me this problem in the past. Scrubbing the resistor contacts for a couple of seconds with a coarse pencil eraser cleared it up.

(would have posted sooner but this is the first time I've been on here since the 13th...)