PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Wait4me tuned PCM

Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Wait4me tuned PCM

I undertook a pretty signifigant mod project with new heads, an F14 cam, long tubes and 4.10:1 gears. In preperation I bought a preprogrammed PCM from Jesse and here's my experiance.

I had a few issues at first which in hind sight can NOT BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE TUNE. I'm not sure what it was, but as best I can figure it may have been some dirty connectors on the PCM header or perhaps the IAC connection along with not having the TB adjusted yet.

The car is now settled in and is running awesome. It is almost as driveble as stock, but the power is amazing. Perhaps some hands on dyno tuning could squeeze a little more power, but only time will tell.

I did an LTFT run last night and as best I can tell my bank one is running at 6.29 while my bank two is at 4.74. Not sure if the descrepency is an issue or not, I'll try and monitor it some more and see how it goes. I've got about 100 miles on Jesse's tune so it may settle out a little more?

So to support Jesse's statement (with emprical evidence) I may have had some issues getting the car right, but none can be attributed to the tune. Like the old saying goes "garbage in, garbage out."

The test will be when I let my wife drive the car
Old 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

And no SES lights.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats awsome bro!

glad to hear everything went well, and that beast is on the street! props for having the guts to takle the gears yourself! ima pay for mine...
Old 12-15-2007, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

I wouldn't over challenge Jesse's tuning capability. He has been in this game a long time and very much behind the scene in LSX based software development. I'm sure if some minor tweaks are needed he'll be there to back up his work.

Howard
Old 12-15-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Redline-Motorsports
I wouldn't over challenge Jesse's tuning capability. He has been in this game a long time and very much behind the scene in LSX based software development. I'm sure if some minor tweaks are needed he'll be there to back up his work.

Howard
x2 - there's a reason why I constantly recommend him when people are looking for tuning related stuff....and a reason why I only goto him for what I need.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Found my vacuum leak and the car is running well. Jesse's tune seems to be real close and tonight I put the high flow cats in to quiet it down a little. It drives almost like a factory SS and it has a .600" cam in it with 232/234 degrees duration.

Jesse was right all along about the vacuum leak. I never said he was wrong, I siad I doubted it, but I proved him right and myself wrong.

If not for the noisier 4.10's (only in 5th and 6th) you would think my car was just a muscle car.

The one thing that bothers me is my LTFTs, sometimes one is twice that of the other. I swapped out my O2 sensors tonight and it didn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes one is twice that of the other. Bank one may be 4 and bank two 8.

If I really drive it hard and then setup at 2800rpm run on cruise, they'll even out and sit around~6- 8.

Last edited by ssheets; 12-18-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

ltft's can be out a bit, Mine were out with the stock injectors but the same when I replaced them with svo 30's.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ringram
ltft's can be out a bit, Mine were out with the stock injectors but the same when I replaced them with svo 30's.
I just called Jesse and he said the same thing. I was wondering about it myself last night.

This engine always had a rough spot from the factory at about 1800rpm, I wonder if one of the injectors is plugged or has problems? Is there a way to test individual injectors? This car sat in storage for 3 years...I wonder if that caused any problems? It runs great now though, just the LTFTs telling me I may have an injector issue??

The car runs great. Idles almost like stock. It looks and acts like a factory car. It's just faster.

The $159.oo I paid for the tuned PCM was money well spent.

Now I need to find matched #30 injectors.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure if I should put this tuning or fuel...I'll just add it here as it is a followup to my Wait4me PCM kinda.
My only issue with my motor was at times my bank1 and bank 2 LTFTs were drastically differerent. Often one was 2x of the other. Under constant load they would steady out and the car runs fine. This is obvisouly a mechanical issue and nothing to do with the tune so I'm wondering if perhaps it's a bad injector or???

I poured a bottle of Techron in the tank and put about 10 gallons of Chevrons best 91 fuel. I've driven about 50 miles on that load.

I bought a bottle of MAF cleaner and performed a thorough cleaning of my MAF.

I retorqued my intake manifold...this surprised me as I torqued ot to spec (I beleive it is 22ft-lbs) when assembling, but I was able to get a full turn on the bolts when go over the manifold again. I didn't use the torque wrench this time, I just tightened them to "tight" with one hand on a small 1/4" drive racthet.

Well whatever the case, on the way to work this morning the numbers are much better. Often the two banks were reading the same numbers. I don't think the Techron would have done anything yet, the MAF wouldn't be bank specific, perhaps I had a vrey small leak on the intake manifold???
Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been trying to get ahold of wait4me for a couple of days now. He wont respond to my pms....
Old 12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1999ssls1
I have been trying to get ahold of wait4me for a couple of days now. He wont respond to my pms....
Call him, he usually answers the phone. His number is on his website.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Jesse is always super busy, you gotta give him a call.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys

Search this Thread