Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 Tune???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 Tune???

Had my SS tuned last week after I installed an MS3. I've been driving it around this weekend and noticed a few things. I want to know if this is normal for a cam of this size or should I take it back to my tuner. Most of the time it idles fine, but a few times it almost died and it took a little bit to find idle. It also smells like it's running rich. The tuner wanted to drill out the butterfly to help with the idle but I told him I didn't think it was necessary. It will also surge some in 1st if the RPM's are below 1500. After about 50 miles it threw a P0106 (I believe this is common for large cams when the RPMs get low) and a P0135. Any thoughts???
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 SS
Had my SS tuned last week after I installed an MS3. I've been driving it around this weekend and noticed a few things. I want to know if this is normal for a cam of this size or should I take it back to my tuner. Most of the time it idles fine, but a few times it almost died and it took a little bit to find idle. It also smells like it's running rich. The tuner wanted to drill out the butterfly to help with the idle but I told him I didn't think it was necessary. It will also surge some in 1st if the RPM's are below 1500. After about 50 miles it threw a P0106 (I believe this is common for large cams when the RPMs get low) and a P0135. Any thoughts???
I have an MS3 and have none of those issues, my car drives like stock except for the lopie idle and of course more power

There is no reason whatsoever to drill the TB, your tuner is trying to cover up the fact that he either didnt know how to get your idle right, or he didnt take the time to do it.