PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Autotap problem with a 04 chevy tahoe today

Old 12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odd Autotap problem with a 04 chevy tahoe today

Today I was scanning my father in laws 04 Tahoe w/ a 5.3 and encountered an interesting error.

I connected my Autotap and everything was fine, it plugged in and read all the DTCs. Once the main autotap screen came up, the program kept losing the connection with the vehicle. I wanted to check a couple of things but was not able to.

Has anyone encountered this error or one similar to it? If anymore info is neede please let me know and I will supply it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
Old 12-25-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that 04 is the first year for CAN controllers and the older version of Autotap does not work well with them. You will need to download both the software and firmware upgrades from them off their website. The newer version (3.15), does not play well with earlier versions, so you will need to completely remove tha old software using the "remove software" function in the control panel and then remove all the folders and all the links associated with it. You need to also remove everything from the recycle bin before installing the new version. After installing the software, you can install the new firmware in the interface. I went through this a couple of weeks ago so I could read the CAN controller in my new 05 LS2 conversion.

Regards, John McGraw

Search this Thread