Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good tips?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any good tips?

We are in the begining stages of tuning my cam only combo. So far there are two main issues I am having. One..on a cold start it will hunt itself to an idle, but as soon as it goes in gear it comes very close to dying and you really need to use some pedal to keep it running. Once it is 100% warm it will still do that but only if you go to drive off within the first minute or so. The TB has been cracked open a little and the TPS has been unplugged and reset. I wouldnt think I should be that hard to tune an idle to, my mods are not that extensive. Problem two is somewhat intermitent...lockup on the highway in 4th will lock positively but after 30 minutes or so of highway at 65 or so... when in low throttle it acts like it wants to hover between locked and unlocked, and it seems like the lockup clutch is slipping...but if I roll into the gas it will engage very well and I can accelerate strong with it locked in 4th. Any ideas...? Some kind of partial throttle lockup thing?..It never happens right away...only after an extensive highway jaunt...but 3rd locks up and will never do this if I stay in 3rd locked.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What are you using to tune it, HPT or EFI Live? I believe, but am not certain, that the lockup problem can be cured in the TCC duty cycle, in HPT. Join the HPT forum and search for idle surge. There are saveral posts on how to cure it.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post your tune