Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sum advice on tuning for torquer 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sum advice on tuning for torquer 2

I just recently got a torquer 2 for my TA and was wondering if i should have the car dyno tuned by a shop or if i should just get hp tuner and do it myself. I would love to be able to just get the hp tuner b/c of the fact that im prob going to continue moding the motor in the future. The only prob is that i have no expirience in tuning.

Is this something that ill be able to learn or should i just leave it to a shop.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same cam (plus heads/headers/ud pulley, etc) and i tuned mine myself. HOWEVER, unless you are planning on investing in a wideband and the pro version (or doing the EGR method) i would just pay someone else to do it. The pro version + a wideband will cost you the same as 2 dyno tunes (approximately). The SMARTEST thing you can do is do everything at once and get it tuned once. Save up, buy the other mods, get them all installed and just do it once! You will spend a lot of time doing it, and even more time reading. It's do-able. I did mine without any prior experience. She runs strong, but i'm sure a professional tuner would have done it much quicker and probably a little "better".

Good Luck!