PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!! AIR FUEL RATIO

Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!! AIR FUEL RATIO

I have a 2001 Firebird WS6 with Ported stock heads, 212/218 .522/529 cam,long headers,SLP MAF, SLP induction Kit.
I recently took it to the dyno to check air/fuel ratio with wideband, and when i went full throttle the mixture was 14.2:1, but when it was mid full throttle it was 12.1:1
WHat is the ideal mixture for a dayli drive vehicle to optain the max power, and how can i go there? Usisng a programmer or what?
The dyno guy suggested me the SCTflash device, a programmer. WHat you think or recommend?
Old 01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Have you already had a custom tune? If not get her tuned and IMHO stay away from the "box type" programmers. Reason being is that you have modified the breathing abilities of the engine..... a custom tune will better maximize your combo than a programmer. The ideal mixture is specific to what your engine wants/needs.

I would refrain from any WOT runs until you get that fuel dialed in.

R/

Frat
Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

WIth the HP tuner i can change the air fuel ratio at what ever rpm i want?
WIth the programmer,like the one that SLP sell inst capable of that?
Sorry for all the questions but i am new in all this of PCM tuning
Old 01-13-2008, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Just to have in mind, tha SCT Calibrator is like a software program that you set it up using a window computer, or laptop. I really dont know to much of it but that is what the web page of them said
Old 01-14-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going to tune yourself, your choices for tuning should be between HP Tuners and EFI Live. Check them both out and forget the SCT stuff. Once you get either of those, the sky is the limit.

I just did a little research on SCT and it seems like you would be sent custom tunes somehow. This lacks the true nature of a custom tune since you don't get a tune based on your setup and your AFR, it's just their best guess that your being sent.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Also, if your WOT A/F is 14.1 then you really need to not get on the throttle, just baby it or avoid driving it till you get it tuned

Search this Thread