PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF TRANSLATOR, will it function????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF TRANSLATOR, will it function????

I have a 2001 Firebird WS6 A4
Mods: 212/218 .522/.529 114 comp cam, SLP MAF, SLP COld Air Intake, LT Headers, custom 2.5 Y pipe with SLP CATS, Ported TB, and a SMALL work done in the factory heads.
Dyno results: 350rwhp and 407rwtorq
A/F ratio was 12.1.
If i use an MAF Translator can i improve the performance of the car getting the AF ratio around 13:1.
It is just that i wa slooking to the HP tuners but i have two problems:
1.) I dont know if for the mods i have this will be necesary
2.) Here were i live i havent found any experience guy in tuning ls1.(i live in Puerto Rico)

So can i improve the performance with the MAF Translator and what HP gain can i see???
Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not necessary if you already have tuning software, sell it and get some of that investment back.

All the maf T does is alter the maf signal which you can do, but correctly with pretty much any real tuning suite.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Default ok

okay, so what i am suppose to tune to my car te get the best of it without afecting the drivability?
People had told me AF ratio, timing, i think Fans, what more i can do. I am not really interest in the part of the transmission pressure or shifting points, since that, if not done perfect, can cost me a lot in long term.
The problem is that i want to know what i can do because the dyno guys near me are no te familiar with the HP tunes, they have use SCT Flash for Ford and chevy, and also i really dont think their job is the best. But if i learn just a bit, i can wash what they do, and also will read and lear abuot all the tables and all that before getting the car to the dyno guy.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The translator is good to have until you get it tuned, At least you can drive it. But get it tuned as soon as you can, With your mods there's other things need to be looked at also.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Default ok

what other things i could change and what gains can i expect???