Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Check engine trouble

Ok...I have to get my car inspected soon and my check engine light is on. I ran an OBD II on it and the list of 7 codes came up in this order...P0133 (HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1)...P0135(HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1)...P0138(HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2)...P0158(HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank2 Sensor 2)...P1133(HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1)...P0133(HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1)...P1133(HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1)...It might help if I tell ya'll what is done to the vehicle also along with the yr. It is a 99 Trans Am...only perfomance mods that I have is volant cold air induction, hypertech programer III, longtube headers with custom 3" y-pipe w/o cats...I do have O2 sims which seem to not work sometimes as you see. I have had the headers on for a little over a yr. I just need some help or advice on what I could do or check or if I could erase the codes. Also, the other month I drove it and there was no heat coming out even at all 4 levels of the fan. I guess this is what happens when I don't drive it hardly.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be willing to bet that all the codes involving senssor 1 are related to your long tube headers especially if you are still using the stock 02 sensors. The stock 02 sensors have a problem getting hot enough to start switching when you use them in long tube headers. For this reason most people with long tube headers run the corvette 02 sensors because they will still get hot enough in long tube headers. The codes involving sensor 2 technically should not be thrown if you are using sims so not sure what that is all about, your best bet would probably see if you can find somebody to just competely tune those codes out and eliminate the rear 02 sensors in the PCM. Good Luck!!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
I would be willing to bet that all the codes involving senssor 1 are related to your long tube headers especially if you are still using the stock 02 sensors. The stock 02 sensors have a problem getting hot enough to start switching when you use them in long tube headers. For this reason most people with long tube headers run the corvette 02 sensors because they will still get hot enough in long tube headers. The codes involving sensor 2 technically should not be thrown if you are using sims so not sure what that is all about, your best bet would probably see if you can find somebody to just competely tune those codes out and eliminate the rear 02 sensors in the PCM. Good Luck!!
thanks for the help...I talked to someone yesterday about the problems and he said he has a buddy that does tunes and will be able to wipe them out...but i am very interested on the corvette O2's, i might give that a shot. thanks again and i'll keep posted.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to clarify since I didn't really mention it, make sure you get the REAR 02 sensors from a C5 corvette like an 02 model. The bosch ones are part #13111 from autozone. Make sure its the REAR ones because they are the ones with longer wires and the higher rated heater so they switch correctly. The front ones will do you no good and the wires are actually shorter than on the front F body sensors.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Well today I erased the codes and drove it around for awhile, I made sure that I got on it a few times. When I was on my way home that's when the check engine light came on...again. I plugged the OBD II up to it and only 2 codes came up...P1133(Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering), this code came up twice....Now on this site under OBD II codes link it says that P1133(Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1)....What do ya'll think is up?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might wanna check the sensor fuse, located in the fuse box under the hood.

Also, Tording99z28 may indeed be correct in that the problem is related to LT headers. However, I not so sure that the 13111 Bosch sensors will be of any help. I've been down this road before.

Check out this old thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=bosch+spoke
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Teching In

fuel/air metering is a general term that manufacturers use to refer to o2 sensor/maf/etc. problems. as for your no heat issue, sounds like maybe the heater core is stopped up. could try flushing it out.

Quick Reply: Check engine trouble