PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with A.I.R.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with A.I.R.

i am new to this site and found a link yesterday to a free mod claiming you could remove the air system and not throw any codes well, an hour after removing i got ses. i guess my question is, what are my options? I've heard you can get tuning done and remove the egr is this also true for air? and i know the air system pumps fresh air into the exhaust until the cats get warmed up is this code possibly something 02 simms could fix or would i have to get tuning done? where is the closest place for me to get tuning done i live in southeast arkansas. . ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Default Re: problem with A.I.R.

come on guys, can a newbee to this site get some help?
Old 07-09-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

You have to have PCM tuned and those DTCs error codes for AIR set so that they do not trip on the MIL light. Simms have nothing directly to do with AIR, since it is a open loop mode condition and PCM turns on AIR until temp is at least 122 degrees to assure the front O2s are not reporting too rich when engine is not up to temps.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Launching!

I'm wondering where it says you can remove it w/o throwing any codes. Thats complete BS as you've realised.

I have heard accounts of it eventually deleting itself though.

Some places can remove them for you through a mail tuning or you can get something to do it yourself like LS1 Edit

I don't know where you're at in Ar but I'm in little rock, Possibly we could get your VIN registered on my cable but it will cost you about $150 I think it is. But thats about what it will cost to have anyone do it and you'll have acess to future PCM flashes.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys, the site that claims you won't throw any codes is ls1camaro.net feel like e-mailing them and telling them its b.s., i reinstalled everything today just a pain in the *** i would not have ever taken all that junk off if i had known it would throw a code, i would like to clean up under the hood (air, and egr) just so long as it doesn't hurt everyday driveablity, think i'll just stick to my guns and keep saving for lt's and orp

Search this Thread