PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If different size injecors are used, is tuning required?

Old 07-08-2003, 08:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default If different size injecors are used, is tuning required?

If I go from stock injectors and fuel pump, to 30 lb. SVO's and better fuel pump, is tuning necessairly required AND, does this have to be done with the car present (i.e., on a chassis dyno) or can a person adjust this with just the computer via mailing back and forth?

Thanks

SDB
Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: If different size injecors are used, is tuning required?

You will need to tell the PCM you have larger injectors.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.

Mail order or in person woud be fine. Some people have even done it with a maft, but thats not a very accurate way.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

That depends on how lean the engine was running with the stock injectors. If let's say it was running 15% too lean, your gaining about 30 % with the SVOs which are 36 lbs, so 30-15 = 15% rich

The PCM allows up to about 25% from zero LTFTs before popping a DTC code, so engine would run OK but not at its best but would allow you to drive it that way until you got the PCM calibrated for new injectors.
Once you install injectors it will idle lousy until you do an idle relearn and then as you get drive time, the PCM will adjust and engine will run better.
On cold weather without tuning it would be too rich but in hot weather it would be better.

I do Off Board tuning (PCM out of the car) and best case is if you also send me a PCM scanner recording for then I can dial the tune in exactly to what the recording showed the conditions of the engine under different conditions and engine loads

If I go from stock injectors and fuel pump, to 30 lb. SVO's and better fuel pump, is tuning necessairly required AND, does this have to be done with the car present (i.e., on a chassis dyno) or can a person adjust this with just the computer via mailing back and forth?

Thanks

SDB
Old 07-09-2003, 12:06 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input..still getting used to LS1 stuf, did lots of L98 stuff, but these computers are so much nicer. I will probably do a Mustang Dyno to verfy how everything is now with my curent set up, and then decide if I need to upgrade Fuel Injectors. What is good AF to shoot for on the dyno?
Old 07-09-2003, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

I heard that 12.8 is good.

Search this Thread