Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuner or efilive

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hptuner or efilive

i live in the 714 and am lookin into getting one. but tryin to see if there are people around me that have them. that now how to use them that could help if i get the same.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Efi-live will be the better unit and their forum and support is very good and helpful-

Nick--
Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Launching!

have you used both? what is the differance?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have used most of the GM suites out there and i would go with EFI, main reason is its ease of maneuvering. The features are pretty similar between HP and EFI i just like the EFI layout better.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll find just as many if not more users that prefer HP Tuners over efi, with over 8000 members on our help forum you'll be backed by a huge resource http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php

For more information on both this is a great place to start https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/368718-read-me-best-ls1-tuning-software-best-scanner-best-handheld.html

I was an HP Tuners user for several years before working for them and couldn't be happier with the product and now being on the customer support side of things they now have some of the best product support in the industry

Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've used both and EFI LIVE is the better tool. You can download the demo version of EFI LIVE to get a feel for it. HP doesn't do this. EFI LIVE has far more advanced standalone capability. EFI LIVE you get free custom O/S's. HP you pay. Also I know cosmetics aren't really important, but damm the HP unit looks like **** compared to the V2.. The same goes for the software layout IMO.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

I prefer EFI Live, but i suggest you look over both forums and decide which one is better for you.

If you decide to go with EFI, Give us a call we can make you a good deal on EFI Live and a wideband as a package
Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Launching!

i was kind of hopin to find people close to me that use one of these.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
I've used both and EFI LIVE is the better tool.

opinion is fact!

HPTUNERS gives you Real time tuning with your STOCK PCM, and you get emough credits up front when buying to license your car and get RTT (and more) without spending another dime.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RTT... Its always about RTT. EFI LIVE has Roadrunner, far superior tool.. Yes it is fact.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i will be buying tuning software soon also, i will be buying hp tuners because of the support. i know nothing about tunning so i will be learning and will need alot of help. just look at how fast you just got a response from them. they respond fast and they also stand behind and support there product. i'm not talking bad on EFI live or there product but HP tuners always responds fast on here. good luck on picking your software. this is just my 2 cents
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
RTT... Its always about RTT. EFI LIVE has Roadrunner, far superior tool.. Yes it is fact.

So, you get a roadrunner for RTT with the upfront purchase of EFIL? Nice because their site says its HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE.

Your opinion is not fact, get over yourself.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Frost
So, you get a roadrunner for RTT with the upfront purchase of EFIL? Nice because their site says its HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE.

Your opinion is not fact, get over yourself.
The question is not about price, the question is which is better

EFI Live + Roadrunner is a much better RTT tool, but its expensive

HP Tuners has RTT for alot cheaper, but its very limited compared to the roadrunner

It really depends on the user, if you are only looking to tune your car and do basic stuff, HP tuner's RTT is probably fine for you

If you are pushing the envelope and doing alot of testing/cutting edge tuning, the roadrunner in my opinion is the only way to go.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The original poster asked if anyone close to him had either so he could check them out for himself, Roadrunner is not efilive nor does it come with it and not everyone is willing to spend the extra $800 on top of the $750 pricetag the V2 unit has that is being touted in this thread. Whereas anyone with hptuners, even back to the old serial style interfaces has an opportunity to add Real Time tuning to their interface that could be demonstrated if need be, I myself even created a demo on how simple it is to apply and use our RTT custom operating systems with about a 5 minute startup time from the time you sit down in the car until the time you could be tuning in real time its about as simple as it gets with no 3rd party to have to go through for hardware issues since your utilizing the factory hardware

http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...stomsized.html

In the end they are both very capable tuning software packages with or without real time tuning, only ours costs less up front & gives you more vehicle licenses(up to 4 LS1 style) with your initial purchase.