Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tricking the maf

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tricking the maf

ok how are you turbo and supercharged guys setting up your maf settings to allow more fuel when spooled up. what would effects be if i say max out my maf on the higher rpms when i will definitely be under boost? it would max out the fuel injectors wouldnt it? sorry if these questions are odd i am a new tuner working around tuner cat for my lt1. thanks for any info on this
Old 03-15-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PE fueling is RPM based so you can still adjust A/F after the MAF maxes out. The problem is your airflow might not always be the same with a turbo at the same RPM depending on how the turbo spools up where with a S/C driven by the crank, your airflow will usually be close to the same vs rpm. Maxing the MAF has nothing to do with maxing out the injectors. You calculate their duty cycle by the formula IDC = IPW x RPM / 1200. Theory is if the IDC exceeds 85% you should use bigger injectors. Adjusting the MAF up to the point it maxes out has to do with making your commanded PE A/F ratio equal the actual A/F ratio. Here is a zipped excel file that will help you set up you commanded WOT A/F using Tuner Cat. Copy and paste the values in your % Change to A/F vs RPM tables into the excel file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
LT1_OBD1_ PE_scale.zip (5.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok the first table was the same as what i have, the 2nd table i am supposed to zero out ..right?, and the third(final a/f ratio) i simply cant find on my software. maybe under a different name?