PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you use ls1 edit on top of hpp3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you use ls1 edit on top of hpp3?

FYI, search didn't help.
I am perfectly happy with the hpp3 tuning but want to eliminate some codes and torque management. Can you use
ls1 edit on top of the hpp3 tuning or is it locked. And, does anyone have a ls1 edit file with base hpp3 tuning available? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: Can you use ls1 edit on top of hpp3?

Your best bet is to upload your stock file from the HPP3, and use LS1 Edit for everything. Sell that damn HPP3.........

Get your car on the dyno with wideband O2 in the header pipe and see where you air/fuel is at.

If your running a little rich, take out about 3-5%, running a little lean, add 3-5% from 3,200 on up.

For timing, from 3k up and at 75% throttle and up, add at least 1 maybe 2 degrees of timing to all values to what you have stock. (Just don't go over 28 degrees on the top end)

There ya go, now you have a simple HPP3 tuning, LS1 Edit style....
Old 07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I hear what you are saying, its just that the tune is perfect. 12.9 A/F, 27.5 degrees timing at wot from 4k up. I have access to an unlimited edit program but just dont want to have to start from scratch if I don't have to.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the PCM with the hpp3 programed into the pcm. then take the hpp3 programming out and you have the ls1 edit file with the info in it. the REASON i say you have to take the hpp3 programing out is because i think if you ever try to uninstall the hpp3 software once you flashed it with ls1 edit you wont beable to. However i think there are some legal issues if you were to do that and then sell the hpp3...so just tune it manually as said above.