Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1Edit or HP Tunners

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS1Edit or HP Tunners

I presently have LS1Edit. I am thinking of going over to HP Tunners. What is the advantages of making the switch? I am thinking of going to HP for the Pro so I can install a wide band and EGT's. I do not know anyone who is using it at this time so I realy do not know if the wide ban and the EGT's will work the way I want them to. I am wanting to record the wideband and the EGT's in real time with the scanner to help me tune the car. Also, how is their product support for non professional tuners like me? I am a professional mechanic and do no how to tune a carb engine but the computer stuff is still new to me. Also, I remember they were offering a buy out of LS1Edit guys like me at one time. Does anyone know if they are still offering this?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will needa 0-5 volt output for the EGT's, HPT does not have this built into their hardware.

EFI live does however.

Ryan
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have 4 0-5v inputs & 2 outputs.

I think what you are referring to is a thermocouple which our hardware does not currently incorporate, however there are many EGT companies that do offer analog output units as well.

As for the wideband you should no problems at all hooking it up to our hardware.

-Bill
Old 03-21-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EFI LIVE has inputs for two k type thermocouples 4 analog 0-5v inputs and the best one of all serial RS232 for widebands like the LC1. And its all displayed on the units lcd screen if desired as well of of course on the scan software
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use to use LS1Edit years ago. I went to EFILive. It is much easier to use than edit. The www.efilive.com forum has helped me a lot.
Is LS1Edit still in business? You do not hear much about them anymore.
Most people use HP Tuners or EFILive on this site.

Good luck.

Bill