Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple LS1Edit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple LS1Edit Questions

1. Positive Pressure vs Temperature - Ok, messing around with shift firmness on the A4, I followed the user's manual way of firming up shifts. Has anyone used this? Does this firm it up a good bit? I used it because it seemed like a good increase, but not a very harsh increase, and it increased it only with the throttle pushed in more.

2. Abuse Mode Test - Should I disengage this? I don't see a reason for this test, but Im not sure what exactly it does.

3. Torque Management - I've heard that it cuts timing between shifts, and removing it quickens shifts and also reduces transmission wear. Advice here? Also, to remove it, how do I do so?

4. Fan on Temp - Can this be used as a replacement for the thermostat? If so, what should I set the values for? The car currently has the stock thermostat. Or just leave it alone?

5. O2 Codes - What are the codes for the rear o2s? So I could disable them instead of using o2 simms? (Im running an offroad ypipe).

6. A4 Shift Speed - Has anyone messed w/ this to make their shifts firmer and not feel slouchy? Or do you just firm it up in the Positive Pressure vs Temp tab? Or both? Still looking into tranny firmness w/o damaging it?

Any other tweaks suggested to get most outta the car? The timing and air fuel changes will be tuned when I take it for a dyno tune after my longtubes are in. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Couple LS1Edit Questions

#4 No. Turns fans on at a lower temp, Tstat will not open till the coolant in the block reaches the stock opening temp. Works best when you have a lower Tstat, then change the temps to work with the new Tstat.

#5 Yes. No need for Simms