Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code 341 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default code 341 help

Hey guys. Im out of the states and dont have any wiring diagrams with me, my alldata id back home. I have a car with a code 341. Its a 98 fbody with a LS2 swap. I have cam high to low, and low to high counts, buts its setting this code instantly. Gearchatter doesnt have any diagrams for LS2s, just the LS1s. I tried swapping the outer 2 wires in the pigtail extender, but then I loose my switching, so apparently thats not it.
I have very limited info, no oscope, so not real easy diagnosing stuff right now. So, if anyone can gimme the pin layout, +/-/sensor return for an LS2 that would be awesome. Any input on the situation would be welcomed also.

thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by jay_lt4; 03-30-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

I would verify that he is using the correct cam gear for the LS2

P0341
The ECM detects that the engine has started and is running, but receives less than 398 or more than 402 CMP pulses per 100 engine cycles in 800 of 1,000 engine cycles.

P0341
Ignition OFF, inspect the CMP sensor for correct installation.
⇒ If the CMP sensor is loose, inspect the sensor and the O-ring for damaged, replace as necessary.

Inspect the engine for the following conditions:
• Engine oil for debris

• Camshaft reluctor wheel for damage

• The timing chain, timing chain tensioner, and sprockets for wear or damage

⇒ If debris is found in the engine oil, inspect the internal engine components to determine the root cause. Repair or replace any worn or damaged components. Refer to Camshaft Timing Chain and Sprocket Cleaning and Inspection .

Camshaft Reluctor Wheel
The camshaft reluctor wheel is part of the camshaft gear. The reluctor wheel contains a pattern of 2 narrow teeth, and 2 wide teeth around the circumference of the wheel. The falling or trailing edges of the 4 teeth are evenly spaced at 90 degrees apart. The engine control module (ECM) recognizes the narrow and wide tooth patterns to identify camshaft position, or which cylinder is in compression, and which is in exhaust. The ECM also uses the reluctor wheel information to determine the camshaft relative position to the crankshaft position.

Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
The camshaft position (CMP) sensor is a 3-wire sensor that provides a digital output signal. The wire circuits consist of an engine control module (ECM) supplied 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit between the CMP sensor and the ECM, and an output signal circuit from the CMP sensor to the ECM. The CMP sensor detects magnetic flux changes between the teeth and slots on the 4-tooth reluctor wheel. The CMP sensor provides a digital ON/OFF DC voltage of varying frequency, with 4 varying width output pulses, per each camshaft revolution. The frequency of the CMP sensor output signal depends on the speed of the camshaft. The ECM will recognize the narrow and wide tooth patterns to identify camshaft position, or which cylinder is in compression and which is in exhaust. The information is then used to determine the correct time and sequence for fuel injection and ignition spark events. The ECM also uses the CMP sensor output signal to determine the camshaft relative position to the crankshaft position.

Last edited by jay_lt4; 03-30-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the response. It is the correct gear, I built the motor. Done a bunch of them.
It has a cam pulse as indicated on the scanner. Switched the outer wires and the pulse was gone.
Thanks a bunch for the diagram.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

get her fixed ed?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea Ed you work your magic?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bringing this one back from the dead... Which extention harness did you use with this swap? Katech, Caspers? Im about to switch the two outer wires on my caspers, it sucks that we have to deal with this
Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive gotten a few that are wired wrong also last year. just had to swap 2 wires and then worked like a charm. I just make my own now. lol That way no bull crap..
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I swaped the outer brown/white wire with the other outer red wire and kept the pink wire in the middle, Went to start it.. and works perfectly starts first try

Quick Reply: code 341 help