PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pretty dissapointed with Innovative....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty dissapointed with Innovative....

Well i thought i would share my experience and my lesson learned from this situation.

First of all.. i would like to state that Innovative did very very well and took care of me very well up till this point. I paid for shipping there to fix my "error 05 cell short" error on a RMA request. Felipe was awesome and answered my emails and got me an RMA number super fast. Things were great. I packaged up the LM1 box, the cable, and my brand new wideband sensor i had purchased from checker autoparts 2 days earlier (you can refer to this thread as i posted up price, and a picture of it)

http://www.slcstreetracing.com/viewt...hp?f=19&t=3994

Innovative fixed my wideband for FREE!! this unit was at least 3 years old. no questions asked,they just fixed it, end of story. Hell.. they were even throwing in a new battery cover because mine had been lost

or so i thought...

I recieved tracking number and thought SWEET!! i can finally get my dsm tuned for my new ball bearing turbo/injector/pump/maft/safc setup! woo hoo..

package shows up yesterday... open it up excited to go tune..... WTF!~!! no wideband sensor!!!!

I then called up innovative, they tell me "there was no wideband sensor in the box when you sent it in, even though you wrote that there was a sensor included we didnt see one in the package. you must have left it out." Well.. .got to work this morning to double check.. sure enough... no wideband sensor laying there. asked the guy who helped me package it.. he confirmed with 100% certainty there was a sensor in that box..

my free LM1 repair has now turned into ANOTHER WEEK of a non running car... out another 60 dollars for a new sensor... and a pretty cheated feeling in my stomach

should i be pissed?? i mean i just got my broken wideband fixed, a new battery cover, and shipping back to me for free.. no questions asked... but it just feels like my sensor got "misplaced" to help cover their costs for reparing my unit... hell i would have just much rather paid for the repairs
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
should i be pissed?? i mean i just got my broken wideband fixed, a new battery cover, and shipping back to me for free.. no questions asked... but it just feels like my sensor got "misplaced" to help cover their costs for reparing my unit... hell i would have just much rather paid for the repairs

Well you're lucky.
I had my wideband six months, purchased new in a sealed box from a speed shop.
I used it less than 10 times.
In that six month period it broke three times. The first time I got it back it was missing the protective cover on the display and it had a HUGE scratch in it.
It was a different problem each time I sent it in and they always said they need to be sure the problem is not caused by something I'm doing, if I'm causing it to break they won't fix it under warranty. Well they fixed it for free each time. Last time I got it back it still seemed kind of 'not right'

I got it back, plugged it in once and put the sensor in the tail pipe. Then I gave it away on ebay with all the warranty repair paper work.
**** Innovate.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

i think they did some pretty extensive "upgrades" to my unit before sending it out... my LM1 display box seems MUCH heavier than it did before... like it has some bulk to it rather than having none at all.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe they jammed the WB inside of it
Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
maybe they jammed the WB inside of it

lol talk about an all in one unit just duct tape the box to the end of your tailpipe and voila!!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

well... i just got another "item shipped" email.... no email saying they found it, or that they were giving me a new one.

wonder what the deal is and why they couldnt just let me know what they were doing. Really... how hard is it to just communicate with somebody ?

oh well... at least i seem to have come out even in the whole deal, they fixed the wideband and i was without a car for a couple weeks thanks to the wideband breaking in the first place.

such is my luck lately...