Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lean code on bank 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lean code on bank 1

I replaced the intake gasket when i installed the ls1. i sprayed around the intake to see if i was getting a leak, nothing happened. Maybe the inner gasket slipped or something. I am gonna pull the header on that side to make sure it is seated correctly. o2 sensor shows active on that side all though it is the original {214k miles} . I am kinda lost at this point to know what to check for. I guess I will pull the intake to see if maybe that gasket slipped like I said but other than that what else should I check? Vac ports or anything else I should be looking for? thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RED2K
I replaced the intake gasket when i installed the ls1. i sprayed around the intake to see if i was getting a leak, nothing happened. Maybe the inner gasket slipped or something. I am gonna pull the header on that side to make sure it is seated correctly. o2 sensor shows active on that side all though it is the original {214k miles} . I am kinda lost at this point to know what to check for. I guess I will pull the intake to see if maybe that gasket slipped like I said but other than that what else should I check? Vac ports or anything else I should be looking for? thanks
If you really have 214k on the original 02's, that would be the first thing i would change
Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

they show to be working fine but it wouldnt hurt so i will
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

ok bought new ones to put in tonight. if that doesnt do it where should i go from there?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RED2K
ok bought new ones to put in tonight. if that doesnt do it where should i go from there?
i would check the injectors next. that is a possibility.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

ok changed bank 1 o2 sensor and it helped a ton, But bank 1 is still running about 4% higher than bank 2. i cleaned the maf as well. Injectors are new {9k}miles on them