PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interfacing '06 C6 w/ Laptop - What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Interfacing '06 C6 w/ Laptop - What do I need?

So my father is actually about to go interface his C6 with an onboard diagnostic/tuning laptop setup and I've got some questions about it.

Firstly, what sort of software would I need? EFILive is a name I've heard tossed around, any other good recommendations, however?

Nextly, cables and interfacing? What sort of cabling will I need to interface the laptop with the car? The laptop has most recent industry standard ports on it (USB, etc) but I am unsure of what cabling it will take to actually interface into the car's computer.

And any other information that is relevant towards what we're trying to do here I'd love to hear. Thanks for any info!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would need a full tuning suite if you want to tune one, most tuning suites such as ours(HPTuners) already come with everything you need to interface with the vehicle with the exception of a laptop. When you purchase from us you'll receive
  • MPVI Interface
  • USB cable 3'
  • OBD2 Cable
  • Software Disk

Which is everything you'll need to get up and running in about 5 minutes time.

Our software also comes with enough credits to license up to 4 different vehicles so your not limited to just the C6, a full listing of our supported vehicles can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

With pricing starting at only $499 we are also one of the lowest price units on the market.

You can also join our user help forum http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php which now has over 8000 members & is one of the most active tuning forums out there.

Check it out & ask any questions you may have here or via email to sales at hptuners.com

Bill