Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque management delete...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Torque management delete...

To make a long story short i just installed my performabuilt tranny (auto) last week because my factory tranny had no 2nd gear. Now any WOT run the engine seems to blank out at certain rpm's only in 1st gear when the traction is low. Easing on the gas in 1st it does fine and 2nd and 3rd no hesitation or missing. With LM it sounds pretty nasty and doesnt feel any better. Tried to stall my car from a stop not even a burn out just a hard take off and the engine would stall, rpms would drop quickly and rise as soon as the tires started to lose traction.

Is this torque management causing my issues? Can i have this crap deleted w/o paying for a custom tune since i really dont need one now or for the next year or two? I want to buy the software to scan/tune my engine but really dont have the time now to learn all the specifics since im pretty much in the dark when it comes to tuning.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One option would be a handheld like our Predator...it will allow you to disable TM in the stock tune, or our performance tune.
You'll also get control over many of the trannies functions like shift points and firmness, and more.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I buy one do I have to settle for the canned tune one size fits all or can if give you my mods and specs and you customize the performance tune for my car??