PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p0175 AGAIN...anyone who can help inside please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default code p0175 AGAIN...anyone who can help inside please.

So lets start with the basics of the car. 2000 Camaro SS. 6-speed.
it has longtubes, fast intake, fast 36lb injectors and a camshaft.
the car has been tuned and ran great for 3,000-4,000 miles.

now it has the service engine soon light on and the code was P0175.
i stopped at a parts store and checked the code. i was told that this code was bank 2 (passenger side cylnders) running too rich.

possible causes were:
ignition missfire
fuel injector problem
or possible bad O2 sensor.

So i replaced both O2's and did a plugs and wire change incase there was some sort of a missfire i coudlnt feel driving the car. cleared the code, drove 35 miles and light came back on again. same code. P0175.

The driver side (bank 1) never got a code so i ruled out the possibillity of a bad MAF sensor. if my injector was stuck open or something wouldnt my plug on that cylnder look sooty and black? all the plugs look perfect so I'm confused why the computer thinks the car is running so rich. the car is tuned for 100 shot dry nitrous set up and i am using TR6 plugs gapped at .037. is there a possibillity the tune is too rich or the plugs too cold for it to run well on motor? Any one with any ideas post up! also does anyone know if this code will effect performance at all? the car seems to drive fine, i may just give up and drive the car this way.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tuned a 2000 about 8-9 months ago that gave me a fit with that code.

When I got the car, the LTFTs were maxed out! and the STFTs hovered around +16 to +22 at ALL TIMES. Barely rolling into the throttle it would lean buck and stumble. It NEVER set a too lean code.

After tuning, and a few months, it would intermittently set this code. The owner brought it back, we drove around for a HALF HOUR and the trims were never more negative (rich) than -4 (LTFTs) and the STFTs were tight. The code would not set it self again. Months of off and on with the code went by. Finally I saw it happen. It was from a hand-smoothed part of the MAF curve, but the kicker, the LTFTs NEVER got more negative than -10 to -12, and it only happened in a tiny area. Fixing that area fixed the problem. There is a threshold for setting that DTC that we cannot get to to alter. I raise my brow that the car was so lean when I got it that it was adding 45-47% and didn't set a too lean code, but pulling 10 to 12% would set a too rich code. Seems pretty screwed up. I have never seen this on another car before. It was a 2000 A4.

I'm not saying your MAF table is off, but just that fueling in this customers car had to be very tight EVERYWHERE on the - side (rich) or it would set that DTC.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

just talked to a friend who may have an idea. I have a couple exhaust leaks at the clamps on my x-pipe and i may possibly have one at the clamp on the collector. I'm gonna go check this out tomarrow and verify any leaks. But say there is an exhaust leak at the collector and some fresh air gets into the exhaust near the O2 sensor. would this trigger any codes?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a lean code
Old 04-04-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

well I guess we can rule that idea out.