PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need SERIOUS Help - PCM/Exhaust

Old 04-05-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need SERIOUS Help - PCM/Exhaust

This is a lot. Thank you for reading past this line.

I have a 99 Z28. I live in Maryland & I Have several mods but I'll stick to the relevant ones: an HP Tuner & an ORY with 2 O2 Sims.

I haven't been keeping up with my tags and it's overdue. I need to get my Emissions checked and I have seven DTCs. I need to know what I need to fix in order to get it all straightened out. Here they Are:

P0158 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0171 - Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P0174 - Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2
P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System
P0412 - Secondary Air Injection Switching Valve A Circuit
P0418 - Secondary Air Injection System Relay A Control Circuit High
P1415 - AIR System Bank 1 / Secondary Air Injector System Bank 1

I have had the Latter 4 DTCs show up on my car for about a year and a half (I know, I'm a horrible camaro owner.) My SES light has been on for the same amount of time. The first 3 codes are new to me. I have no idea what I need to fix in order to repair my car. Can anybody help with this?!

I've had no motor trouble or experienced any slugginshness. The DTCs and SES light are my only problems. I have some questions about Emissions tests here in MD but I'll take those to another forum on here.

I'm sure I'll have some followup questions and I'll gladly give out anymore info needed.

Thanks,
Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not the most knowledgable and might not be much help but here is my take:

P0158 - I think this is related to one of your 02 sims. Perhaps it's not functioning correctly. You could try replacing it or you might be able to tune it out completely. I just set mine so that they won't enable the SES light but I'm not certain if it's throwing a code this way or not.

P0171 & P0174 - Your tune is probably lean to the point that the computer cannot adjust on it's own because it needs to be adjusted more than the pc's preset limits. You can fix this by tuning the AFR with a wideband. You should really do this anyway because running excessively lean is not good and costing you power.

For the rest of them, did you remove the AIR system? It appears to be related to that. I tuned mine out but only to the point it won't set the SES light. So I'm not sure if it still shows codes for this or not if you were to do the same thing.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

From what I can see the AIR system is totally intact. I know that I need to replace the O2 sim. But the Fuel Trim System Lean Bank... I am clueless on what to do there.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

I'm not sure how to read it but do you have HP Tuners? If you do just tune the rear O2's out and leave them there and connected for inspection, same with the AIR, no cats--no need for AIR, remove it all and tune it out.

Then find out why it's running lean.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I'm not sure how to read it but do you have HP Tuners? If you do just tune the rear O2's out and leave them there and connected for inspection, same with the AIR, no cats--no need for AIR, remove it all and tune it out.

Then find out why it's running lean.
I have that Hypertech Power Programmer. From what I've heard from the boys in my area Maryland can detect thrown codes and that makes you fail automatically.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jscotty
I have that Hypertech Power Programmer. From what I've heard from the boys in my area Maryland can detect thrown codes and that makes you fail automatically.
I guess they don't do a visual? Like no cats and O2 sims?

I've only used HP Tuners and tuned my codes to 'no error reported'.

But I've never been through a tight inspection either. HP Tuners doesn't pick up a pending code or anything, but like I said thats all I've used besides the cheap orange autozone scanner.

If this is useless, at least it a bump to the top.

Search this Thread