Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Mail Ordered Tune Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Mail Ordered Tune Thread

Ok.....i realize that the mail ordered tune topic is way over done and people ask the same questions over and over again about them v.s. a dyno tune. I just wanted to summarize everything i have been reading into one clear thread and get a couple answers streight myself that have been danced around in other threads.

1st: Who to order from: PCMforless and Ion from madz28 at the two odvious best and most popular from the other threads. Both seem to be farely equal in talent and reputations.

2nd: Dyno tune or Mail ordered tune: Well, odviously the dyno tune is more exact because the car is right there. However, it seems like when to go with a mail ordered tune is usually when your car is pretty much stock up to the point of some nice bolt on mods like headers, gears, etc. After that, i understand that the dyno tune is most accurate especially when getting into cam, heads, and other more advanced applications.

3rd: I have emailed back and forth with Ion and Bryan, the two leading mail ordered tune guys for my 02 z28. I just have headers, ory, gears. Simple stuff for now. I have heard that from a mail ordered tune with (Simple bolt ons as i have mentioned), a net gain of around 15-20hp is gained. Is that true?

What is the average amout of actualy power gain in your experiences with these mail ordered tunes? Bryan also eamiled me and said a drop in my E.T. of about 4 tenths which i am a little skeptical of.

Again, sry for the addition to the million mail ordered tune threads but maybe this can clear alot up for those who are still questionable.

Thanks for bearing with me!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?????? ^^