Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!!

ok, so i just did a V6 to V8 swap in my truck and just finished up yesterday. this morning i went to fire it up to take it down to the exhaust shop and get down the road and the truck dies on me.

the check engine light is on and i am throwing codes P0103 and P0106. i had a mail order tune from Justin at Black Bear Perfomance so that i would have a computer for when the swap was done.

the mods on my 5.3 are Comp 220/220 .581, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, UPD intake, P&P TB and a Yank 3000.

the truck idle's at like 1000 RPM's and is burning really rich and blowing black smoke out the back.

we replaced the MAF this afternoon and thought that the original one was just bad but i am still throwing the same codes and having a hard time driving it.

i am begining to think that the throttle body is messed up and demanding too much air from the MAF causing it to dump more fuel in. but i am prob wrong on this.

can anyone on here help me out?!?!?!?!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

ttt anyone???....
Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of those codes is MAF high, the other is MAP range/performance problem.

What did you do for a wiring harness? I'd suspect the wiring first.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

the wiring harness is used off a member on here. i checked the wiring and it all looks good.

i got the truck running right now. the injectors i put on were not tuned right to the motor so i put the stockers back on and it works fine now.

the 8.1 marines i had on there were dumping too much fuel cause is to die out and run really rich

but i am still throwing the P0103 code. so just gonna save up and get it dyno tuned next month
Old 04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try cleaning the maf sensor. Do you know if the spare you swapped in is definitely a good one? The wire will get a coating of oil on it after a while, especially if it's running behind an oiled air filter.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

well i went and bought a new MAF so i know its clean

i just got an email back from my tuner and he said he just forgot to tune out that MAF when he sent me my PCM. he is sending me a new PCM this week