PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning questions? tuning options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning questions? tuning options?

I bought the right PCM for my conversion car. The guys I bought it from Autocomputertech (off ebay) will tune. So my questions are what should I have done regarding these topics.

For the MAF, I don't have one yet. If I have the PCM tuned for one will the car run without one, till I get one.

Skip Shift, option to keep it stock or remove it? Should I keep it, I have no idea what it is, thought it was for the manual trans, not auto's.

Torque Management, keep it or remove it?

AIR, stock or remove it?

COnversion car listed in sig below. Doesn't run yet and will not be driven for a year or so. I just wanna get everything functional and with the current mods, cam, headers, LS6 intake, stall convertor....I figure it would be better to get it somewhat tuned then stock, plus gotta get the VATs removed anyways.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the MAF, I don't have one yet. If I have the PCM tuned for one will the car run without one, till I get one.
Maybe, maybe not, too many factors ie what year pcm? some earlier calibrations set autoline pressure to go to max when the maf failed leaving much to be desired from a drivability aspect, also the mods you have can determine this as well, the more heavily modded the harder it would be for drivability on a pcm that has not been tuned for Speed Density.

Skip Shift, option to keep it stock or remove it? Should I keep it, I have no idea what it is, thought it was for the manual trans, not auto's.
Its for manuals not autos.

Torque Management, keep it or remove it?
Depends who you talk to, personally I always liked deleting the engine side of TM & leaving some of the tranny TM in.

AIR, stock or remove it?
If you have cats leave it.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I'll probably grab a MAF before I fire it up anyways, engine is a 99/00, PCM is a 01/02.

I did some more research on torque management, looks like it is a good idea to keep it, I'll see if he can reduce it by 40-50 percent. The car is going to be a daily driver that is set up very well traction wise, so deleting it completely on a stock tranny might not be a good idea.

No cats, so the AIR will be gone then.