Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger side bank of motor not firing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Passenger side bank of motor not firing

Any one know what might cause this, I have checked for vacuum leaks, the coil packs are firing, spark plug wires are good, spark plugs are good replaced the MAF, MAP, and TPS sensors, I know the whole side is dead because you can pull the connector to the coil pack and there is no change in the cars idle quality the car is not showing any codes right now, and it is rich as hell black smoke out the exhuast, I was on the throttle hard yesterday and I felt it fludder a little around 5k then I brought it back to the house and it drove normal it just had a miss up high when I was on it, and let it idle while I looked under the hood and it started missing and wont stop. Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot the fuel injector circuit on the passanger bank because I believe that is where the problem is. Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check all of your fuses first. It sounds to me like you popped one.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks I checked the fuses and found one bad changed it and the car is running a lot better still has a miss though I am going to go back through it again tomorrow when I get some light outside it acts like it has a dead cylinder I guess I will go to pulling one wire at a time until I find it. Kinda of wierd it threw two things at me at once, and while I was out test driving it because it just put in my new W2W built T-56 with a spec stage 5 clutch and Denny's nitrous ready drive shaft, Kinda disapointing to install over 3k in parts and have it immediately mess up again. I have been working on that car every night for the last week trying to get it ready for the upcoming race season.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay I found the reason the fuse blew at least I think. While trying to figure out why the car is still has a miss, I checked out the O2 sensor wires on the passenger side and they had melted together so I pulled them apart and taped the wires. The car still has a miss, and I cant seem to figure out why its not showing any DTC's and it is not running to horribly but it is flat especially at lower RPM's, today I replaced all the plugs, and wires, still didn't stop so I pulled the valve covers and checked the push rods they are all fine. Sometimes the engine runs on all eight just fine and you can feel the miss fire coming in and out especially when you very the throttle. The only thing I can think is that the O2 sensor on that side must have went bad when it shorted out on the header, what are the chances that the O2 sensor is bad and the computer is not showing a DTC for it, I think it might be pretty good especially since I drove the car a couple of times on test drives today with the wires still melted before I found them and taped them up. Any more info on trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for the tip on the fuse that alone made a huge difference.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the exact same problem 2 days ago. The drivers side of the motor was not firing correctly. I pulled the plugs, and black as hell. The passengers side was perfect(lightly bronzed). So I checked for spark, and faulty wiring. Nothing. I was stumped, so I jacked the car up, and took a look from underneath. And sure as ****, my O2 sensor had melted on the header. I bought a new sensor, wired it up so that nothing was near heat. Problem solved. Once I started the motor it made some nasty pops, and studdered a bit for the first minute or so. But Im pretty sure that was just carbon burning off.

EASY FIX

Quick Reply: Passenger side bank of motor not firing