Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/F gauge placement

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/F gauge placement

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but how much of a hassle is it to wire a A/F guage (namely Innovate DB Guage) in the center vent of a 4th gen Firebird?

I really like the clean look it gives instead of a pillar guage setup.
Bought the LC-1/DB guage kit and have the wideband installed, calibrated, ect... but no guage installed yet.
If you did install through the vent, do you need to extend any wires from the guage?
Right now I have the LC-1 wiring coming up through the driver's floorboard using a grommet hole, then it just runs left of the brake petal under the corner of the carpet. Hardly a professional install I realize, but as long as it doesn't give me any grief and isn't directly in view I'll be happy.

I suck at wiring/electrical.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

Bump for help?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

It shouldn't be too hard. You'll need to hook up to a power source (see fuse panel on side of dash when driver's door is open), hook up a few grounds, run some wire, and make a few connections. If you really suck at wiring, check and see if you know anyone who doesn't. You're also going to need an additional bung welded into your exhaust. A local exhaust shop should be able to do that for $25 or so.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

The wideband is already wire and calibrated so I was going to use output #1 for the gauge.
I'm not familure with wiring gauges, but I can struggle through it. It's wiring through the center vent that's a mystery to me...