Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this make sense?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does this make sense?

I just the other day had a problem after my cam and longtube swap on the first test drive. The cooling fans were not turning on and the car was starting to overheat. I went over things to make sure everything was connected and ended up changing the three fan relays and still it would run way to hot because my fan usually come on at number 1 at 185 and number 2 at 195. the only thing that I didn't do in the cam and header swap was reconnect the rear o2 sensors because im waiting for o2 sims. I connected them and just zip tied them to the trans and went for a drive now the fans come on. ?? is this normal???
Old 04-26-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your fans should still come on with the rear 02's disconnected. Are you sure it has plenty of coolant in it? Sometimes air gets trapped in the system and this might cause the problem you are having. There is a procedure for purging air from the system but I don't remember exactly how it goes.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear 02s should have nothing to do with the fans, so it sounds like you just gave it enough time to get the air out of the system. I would disconnect them now and try it again - but that's just me not liking loose ends.....