PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Coils = No Fire.. WHY???

Old 04-27-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 2 Coils = No Fire.. WHY???

I just put my car back together after a year long hiatus.. The only thing that I have changed since it last ran is that I had relocated the coils and now I put them back on the valve covers and used a set of Truck Coils. Everything has gone rather smoothly until yesterday when I cranked it for the first time. It sounded like **** and I knew right off the bat that it was only running on 6-7 cylinders.. So I checked all the coil packs and I found 2 that were not firing at all. I thought to myself "I have never seen an LSX engine with a bad coil" and I knew then that I had a problem.. I took two coils off of my truck and replaced the two that were not firing.. Still nothing.. So I thought it was the coil wiring harness and I just so happened to have an extra set of coil brackets with the harness' on them. So I took the coils off of the 1st set of brackets and put them on the 2nd set of brackets I had laying around.. Still nothing from the same two coils.. Its wierd cause its 1 coil on each side thats not firing.

Could this be the computer?? I checked the engine harness and everything looks fine as far as I can tell. A friend came over with a multi-meter and he says its the computer.. I checked all grounds and everything is good.

Anyone else had any experience with this issue or have any ideas that might help? I'm ready to get this thing tuned so HEEEEELLLP!!!!!! Thanks

Last edited by 1QuickT-A; 04-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

I figured this was gonna happen...
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you replace the wires? I am sure you did. Has anything on the PCM changed? Did you have it out?

Good luck.
Bill
Old 04-28-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

The car has been torn apart for over a year... Nothing has changed with the pcm or the wiring harness.. Which wires are you referring too?? If you are talking about the coil pack wiring that is attatched to the coil brackets then yes we swapped all of that out. As far as the plug wires goes they don't have anything to do with it..

I'm swapping the pcm out tonight and if that doesn't fix it then the only thing else I know to do is swap the entire wiring harness out..

If that doesn't work.. TO HELL WITH IT.. I'll put this Victor Jr on it and this Barry Grant 1050 carb I have layin here and be done with the ****..
Old 04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

If anyone is interested I started a new thread in the LS1/LS6 internal engine forum.. I think I have a reluctor wheel/crank sensor issue...

Search this Thread