Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen sensor questions

If the car has the o2 sensors turned off in its tune, I assume this is only the rear sensors, correct? If so, does the car need the sensors in the rear, or can a bung be put in the pipes? Also are the front and rear the same sensor, just different pig -tail lengths? Vehicle is 1999 Camaro LS1,

Thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

your 99 camaro ls1 has 4 oxygen sensors

2 front, which you do need unless you are running in full SPEED DENSITY MODE.

2 rear, which only feedback catalytic converter performance

the 2 rear can be deleted and a bung/bolt/screw can be put in place of them

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SENSORS, completely different wires

your car could have all 02s turned off and be running in SD mode... just gotta find out
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

"Also are the front and rear the same sensor, just different pig -tail lengths? Vehicle is 1999 Camaro LS1,"

I do not know any thing about a 99 , but on my Y2K front and rear will interchange( I as well as several others run vet rear' as front)

just my $.02'
Johnny
Old 04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

what about with a predater, how do i tune out the back 2 o2s? and if it already is from the tune they offer when you first intall it, do i need to leave to o2s plugged up and tied up outa the way, or get sims? or can i just leave them unplegged. just put on lts with uncatted y.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SD99TA214
what about with a predater, how do i tune out the back 2 o2s?

Ok, i previously answerd some of these questions but I will inform you. I have now idea how to use a predator...you will need to LOOK at THEIR website and see if you can delete 02s out of your car with THEIR programmer.

and if it already is from the tune they offer when you first intall it, do i need to leave to o2s plugged up and tied up outa the way, or get sims? or can i just leave them unplegged. just put on lts with uncatted y.

if it is already tuned out.. you don't need to do anything. just plug the holes if you have them.

Like I stated before, you have 4 OXYGEN SENSORS, you need to find out from the previous owner IF THE FRONT ONES ARE DISABLED And you are in Speed density mode.

IF your rear ones are tuned out...then just plug the holes. IF your front ones are tuned out, you may want to talk to the previous owner and find out how well of a tune was in it.

YOU need to find this information out. I'm not trying to be an *** , but every car, and tune is different and people do things different ways
Old 08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just got a 01 trans am engine that seems to have 6 oxygen sensor plugs on it. 2 in the front 2 in the off road y and 2 in the very rear is this normal?