PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you running a PLX wideband? (Multiple Choice, check all that apply)
Yes, I participated in the GP!
35.14%
Yes, but I didnt know about the deal prior to purchasing mine.
24.32%
Nope, I use another brand of wideband!
32.43%
I have yet to have any issues with my PLX setup!
29.73%
Ive had some problems with my PLX setup.
5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Do you use a PLX Wideband?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Do you use a PLX Wideband?

Hi guys, with the continued success of the PLX Wideband GP listed in the sponsor GP section I wanted to create a thread and find out exactly how many Tech guys are running a PLX setup and how many like it.

I know that there are TONS of these units floating around the community just from the guys that have participated in the GP!
I have yet to hear of any issues except for those few that initially wired the module incorrectly
I really enjoy hearing valuable feedback from you guys!

So if you have a spare minute please participate and let us know how you like or dislike your PLX setup!

Thanks guys,
Derek

Last edited by Derek @ EDO; 04-30-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got 1.. Love it, will be modifying it soon for digital output to EFI LIVE
Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

Run it perm mounted, works great solo & with HPT
Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

i got in on the GP. haven't had any issues with it at all.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Cool guys, keep the feedback coming!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
FormerVendor

TTT, anyone else want to share their experiences?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Got it love it
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Launching!

I got one during the GP and while it was easy to set up, it's not as accurate as my Buddy's LC1. There isn't a way to calibrate it (good and bad), so I'm at the mercy of the WB02. I like it for the most part, but that's what I wish was different.

Thanks for asking!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

got mine and installed it recently but havent tried it with HP Tuners yet.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
I got one during the GP and while it was easy to set up, it's not as accurate as my Buddy's LC1. There isn't a way to calibrate it (good and bad), so I'm at the mercy of the WB02. I like it for the most part, but that's what I wish was different.

Thanks for asking!
Why do you say that ?

What makes you say the LC-1 is 100% accurate ? And how much variation was there in the readings that makes you think one is different ?

Im interested in buying a PLX...purely as the Innovate stuff can be so troublesome.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Why do you say that ?

What makes you say the LC-1 is 100% accurate ? And how much variation was there in the readings that makes you think one is different ?

Im interested in buying a PLX...purely as the Innovate stuff can be so troublesome.
I didn't say that it was 100% more accurate, just more accurate because of the adjustability of it using the Log Works software. It allows you to program the outputs/inputs of the WB and recalibrate it if need be. With the PLX, you're at the mercy of the firmware/software/whatever calibrates it.

I'm using EfiLive and it doesn't match what the scanner is telling me that the AFR is. It's off by almost three quarters of a percent, which is a whole bunch! His is right on the money!

I also bought the PLX gauge too. For the money, it'll do what you need it to do and I bought it because I didn't want to go through all of the free air stuff, but now sometimes wish that I did!

The plus side is that there isn't a WB02 sensor out there that is easier to install!

Please have a Great day!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
I didn't say that it was 100% more accurate, just more accurate because of the adjustability of it using the Log Works software. It allows you to program the outputs/inputs of the WB and recalibrate it if need be. With the PLX, you're at the mercy of the firmware/software/whatever calibrates it.

I'm using EfiLive and it doesn't match what the scanner is telling me that the AFR is. It's off by almost three quarters of a percent, which is a whole bunch! His is right on the money!

I also bought the PLX gauge too. For the money, it'll do what you need it to do and I bought it because I didn't want to go through all of the free air stuff, but now sometimes wish that I did!

The plus side is that there isn't a WB02 sensor out there that is easier to install!

Please have a Great day!

Did you know that there is an adjustment within EFI Live that needs to be made in order to calibrate the software to the wideband manufacturer that is being used? Sound to me like the EFI Live software was not calibrated to the PLX.

There's a calc sheet in the user documents where you'll find AFR=V*2+10 for the PLX. The number 10 is an AFR . Just add or subtract 0.1 to or from 10, depending on if she's reading rich or lean, in order to dial in your airflow. For example if your airflow is showing lean by 0.2, then your calc would read AFR=V*2+9.8 This will dial in the Wideband signal. Hope this helps. There's a much better write up on the EFI Live web site.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
I know that there are TONS of these units floating around the community just from the guys that have participated in the GP!
I have yet to hear of any issues except for those few that initially wired the module incorrectly
I really enjoy hearing valuable feedback from you guys!

So if you have a spare minute please participate and let us know how you like or dislike your PLX setup!

Thanks guys,
Derek

Hi, I have no idea what the GP is. However, have had my PLX for @ least 3 years, can't remember exactly. Originally bought it to check my WOT tune as intake mods were made prior to owning & understanding tuning software. Never could understand why it recorded a rich idle while being perfect during WOT, until buying tuning software. After seing what my intake mods had done to the short term & long term fuel trims while in VE, had a much better understanding. At one point I had even called the PLX retailer to tell him that I thought his PLX display was messed up because of the difference from idle/low VE indication against the WOT display. How embarrassed I was after learning that the PLX had displayed accurately all along & that it had simply been correctly indicating how badly my intake changes had effected the tune.

Works great & was used to tune my car using EFI Live. I use the PLX routinely because I can't keep my friggin' hands off of the car; it's addicting. Recently, intstalled a homemade 100mm MAF @ the advice of fellow member Doc99SS (his invention, not mine) & used the PLX to once again tune the MAF table. The PLX wide band is a great product with the added convenience of being compatable with the readily available Bosch sensor. Love it.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried to install mine using it for both wideband for tuning and narrowband for the PCM. Well, that never worked for the narrowband, so I had a bung installed and had no problems since. I use it with HPT. The PLX setup in HPT was off, so I made a custom setup. Now HPT and the PLX gauge on my A-pillar are the same.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Works great & was used to tune my car using EFI Live. The PLX wide band is a great product with the added convenience of being compatable with the readily available Bosch sensor. Love it.
I used mine for WB and NB..
Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a PLX.. I've bought mine a while back so it may be different than the current ones. My PLX worked fine for WOT tuning but always read around 1 full AFR lean whenever the PCM commanded 14.7 AFR. basically PCM commanded 14.7 PLX would read 15.6 AFR. It caused the LTFT's to be off quite a lot when I was using the WB to sim the NB and was just generally annoying seeing it off in logs. After I got LT headers I went back to NB's for the PCM and tested the PLX vs an LC1 by installing one in each bank of the car and found the LC1 to be accurate. Again though this was probably 2 years ago so they are probably different now.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Been using a PLX for some time now, before the GP - Works great, need to get the new cable so I can run it in with HPT
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

Nelson Performance owner of LS1truck.com uses the PLX exclusively to tune with. When it comes to tuning a truck whilest in his precense I understand GOD takes a step down to him.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered one but had to send it in for repairs not soon after installing it, still waitin on it back from plx
Old 10-03-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How easy is this to hook up with HPT?

Quick Reply: Do you use a PLX Wideband?