Old 08-05-2003, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some one Help (Predator)

Ok I just had my car dynoed it has the following mods

02 LS6 Cam
Ported MAF
LT Headers
[image]http://photo.starblvd.net/~c5kid/1-3-5.jpg?i=1062719600&pw=*9053F3036DE[/image]
I posted a pic of the dyno graph. I am only maken 334 rwhp and 335 rwtq. There was a guy there w/ a stock Trans Am w/ no cats and a different muffler make 340 rwhp. My A/F is so F*UCKED UP!!! When I lean it out w/ the Predator up top it just takes HP away. When I ran the Predator performance tune I was getting like 9* KR!!! Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Some one Help (Predator)

The base tune in a Predator is for a stock engine. I have recieved a custom tune from them and also spoke with them about when I install a cam and LT headers. They told me that they can send me a custom tune for those mods. Then the adjustments you have access to will be in the range needed(from my understanding). Send an email to johan@diablosport.com and tell him about your mods. He sent me a program for my PC and instructions on how to take the Predator tune that is your PCM now and upload it to your PC via the Predator. Then you can email that file to him for a custom tune. He then emailed back the custom file and I downloaded it into the Predator. Then I did a Predator tune just as with the original Predator tune. It worked quite well and was a simple process. You will need a 9-pin RS-232 cable and a power adapter that can be purchased from radio shack or Mouser Electronics. I will post the Mouser order number tommorow from work if you want. I believe the power adapter was less than $10.00 from them. They were quite helpful and very prompt. I had a revised file within 1 hour from them. Not sure if this would be the case with a car with more mods. One thing there instructions did not say is that when you upload the file from the Predator to your PC it will be in the same directory that the Diablo PC program is installed to on the PC. Hope this helps and let me know if you want the power adapter ordering info.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Restricted User

Basically what he said. The Predator is kinda like LS1Edit, everytime you mod, you may need to get an updated tune. You simply cannot expect the canned tune to work for all things.

You need to get a copy of the a/f as read from your dyno, and an auto tap log to your vendor, I use james...sales@runninwiththedevil.com and by using the same nformation an Edit tuner needs, they can write you a tune, just like edit does. You will want them to address the "how to's" of receiving the tune and uploading etc.. as mentioned above. A nice tool, if you havent already got A-tap, or Ease etc.. is the LS1M- Palm Tool. This thing is awesome. After seeing autotap and using LS1M, I vote the Palm hands down winner. it hooks up and is ready to log in less than 2minutes from a power off standpoint..Can a laptop and atap do that? Nope. So, log it at cruise, and a few WOT and idle. Mail that to whomever is going to be doing your tunes and patiently wait.

Good-luck.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ported MAF

this will alter your AF.

Try a stock maf, and the new tune program, and you shouuld be much better.

Ryan.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Yes James is the man when it comes to help with custom tunes
Old 08-07-2003, 02:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

James sent me a custom tune after i installed my nitrous fast and friendly
Old 03-10-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just pulled my Prediator out of the box and was going to save my base tune. It's been a long time since I've tried to upload/download with it...can somebody refresh my memory on how you do it?

I only tried it a couple times when I first got it. It hink my serial cable was wrong. I just got a new cable from another Preditor user so it should be correct, but now I can't remember how