Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting Problem after Diablo install

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Problem after Diablo install

After reading the article in GMHP mag I decided to purchase a Diablo programmer. My car is stock except for an air lid, K&N and Magnaflow cat back so I thought the Diablo sounded like a good choice. After the tune went in I started having to crank the engine over several times to get it to start. Once running the car ran great. When the car sat over night it wouldn't start the next morning at all. I removed the tune and went back to factory and still had problems starting. No codes were set with the tune or without. I had never had a problem starting this car before installing the tune and can't figure out what happened. I went on Diablo's forum and the techs on line offered no help. All they could say is they had never heard of this problem before and didn't know what to try next. It seems unlikely that this problem is unrelated to the tune because the problem started right after the tune was installed, but anything is possible I guess.
Is my only option to go to the dealer or does anyone have another solution.
Thanks for any help.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

I currently use a Diablosport Predator on my Z28 and have installed and uninstalled multiple tunes without any issues. You might try sending a PM to mike@diablosport he is a member of this board. Sorry I can't help more.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Again, I have to say that I have NEVER seen an issue like this before.
I drive a 99 Z28 that has likely been flashed more than most vehicles in existence, and have never experienced such an issue, nor have any of our customers to my knowledge.

It almost sounds like there is a BCM issue concerning VATS if the car will not start.
The Predator however does not communicate with the BCM, so any issues there would be unrelated to the Predator.

Best of luck getting it figured out, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, a Predator did this to me about 6 months ago when I loaded a tune in it that you and/or Jonan (I think that was his name) made for me. I sent it back to you via e-mail and yall fixed it quickly IIRC.

To the OP: I'm sure they'll get it figured out for ya! The service Mike and those guys gave me when I was learning their product was always great!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your input Matt but it doesn't sound like Diablo is intrested in helping me any futher. I understand my situation might be rare, but I hoped it would have met with more interest and effort to correct it. I think I learned about a $369.00+ lesson in tunining.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Mike, a Predator did this to me about 6 months ago when I loaded a tune in it that you and/or Jonan (I think that was his name) made for me. I sent it back to you via e-mail and yall fixed it quickly IIRC.

To the OP: I'm sure they'll get it figured out for ya! The service Mike and those guys gave me when I was learning their product was always great!
Thanks for chiming in Matt, may be something to look into, but yours was probably more of a custom tune issue...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dans2000SS
Thanks for your input Matt but it doesn't sound like Diablo is intrested in helping me any futher. I understand my situation might be rare, but I hoped it would have met with more interest and effort to correct it. I think I learned about a $369.00+ lesson in tunining.
I hate that you feel that way.
I swear to you, if you were local I'd come to your house and do everything in my power to figure this out, as I have done for others in the past.
If the car is throwing no codes, it makes it tough to diagnose any issue, especially one like this.

If you'd like, email me a copy of your original backup file and I'll have our GM tuner whip up a tune or two to try out.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, mine was likely in the custom tune. OP: Do you already have the cables needed to download and e-mail the tune? I'm sure it's something easy that can be fixed, but they can't fix what they can't see. Those cables can be purchased at RadioShack or similar for just a few dollars IIRC. They have the item numbers and/or descriptions on their website somewhere!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
I hate that you feel that way.
I swear to you, if you were local I'd come to your house and do everything in my power to figure this out, as I have done for others in the past.
If the car is throwing no codes, it makes it tough to diagnose any issue, especially one like this.

If you'd like, email me a copy of your original backup file and I'll have our GM tuner whip up a tune or two to try out.

Thanks
Mike
Thanks Mike for your offer to help. I purchased the U7778 interface kit with the programmer but haven't used it yet. Is it pretty easy to send you a copy of my back up file?

Thanks again Matt for your input. This is my first attempt at tuning so I can use all the help I can get.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dans2000SS
Thanks Mike for your offer to help. I purchased the U7778 interface kit with the programmer but haven't used it yet. Is it pretty easy to send you a copy of my back up file?

Thanks again Matt for your input. This is my first attempt at tuning so I can use all the help I can get.
Yup, its pretty simple.
PM me an email addy and I'll send you the instructions, or you can find everything you need here:
http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=17

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-10-2008, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

Yup, its pretty simple.
PM me an email addy and I'll send you the instructions, or you can find everything you need here:

Thanks
Mike
PM sent, thanks Mike.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Default Matt Texas Speed

Do you guys use the chipmaster software for diablo to tune your cars? Also to the priganl poster of this ...............gonna sound alittle stupid but try un plugging the computer and plug it back in the pcm i mean 2 7mm bolts . Worht a shot ......
Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

keep us posted on what happens
Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Yup, its pretty simple.

Thanks
Mike
Mike I downloaded the information I needed from the Diablosport web site. Send me your email address so I can send you my program file.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

mlitsch@diablosport.com
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

i currently use the diablosport predator programmer on my 2000 z28 and haven't had any issues at all.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Mike, how are things going with my program? When do you think you will have something for me to try?
Thanks,

Dan
Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Mike,
Anything yet on my program? Please let me know what's going on.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

dude, it's the weekend... no one will be around til late monday...

free bump for your cause...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com