PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tuning help... getting LTFT's dialed in

Old 08-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tuning help... getting LTFT's dialed in

Trying to get my new motor tuned. Had some messed up readings to I swapped the O2's and now they seem to be better but here's what I got. 36lb SVO injectors an a 422. I did the math and came out with 5.52 as the first number of my injector table. Adjusted down to 4.42 when I had bad O2's. I was idling at +25 on both LTFT's and cruising at around 13ish. If I give it alot of throttle they max out at 25 again. So I scaled them down again to 3.98(as the first number). Now they stay at +25 the whole way through. Did I adjust the wrong way? I thought the lower the number the richer it would make it. When I change the values should it be an immediate change in my LTFT's on ATAP? Fuel pressure is holding at 60 the whole time also. Thanks for any help. I'm an edit newbie trying my best.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Need tuning help w/injector flow rate table

I ussually start with %'s off the base flow rate to get a ballpark.I've tried heavy math and it was rarely right.
I would say start at 118% and go from there.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need tuning help w/injector flow rate table

You need to go lower on the ifr table. Lower numbers make it richer. I ended up at 3.48 something ballpark on 30 SVO injectors on a 367ci. Just keep scaling it down till those ltrims come down. Just make an adjustment and drive around town. Then you will need to play with the maf table to adjust for wide open throttle.

Search this Thread