PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to take my tune to the next level?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to take my tune to the next level?

So i got an 02 ls1. Cam (231/234 .644/.598 111lsa), headers, and full boltons. It has an slp maf btw.

This is what ive done so far in summary. All last year.

-Fixed idle by running idle config, copied over raf table, changed spark to maximize vacuum, did some recommended settings, and some other stuff.

-Used HPtuners with LC-1 (question its accuracy but it worked ok), lots of a/f ratio error corrections on the ve table.

-Calibrated maf using a third order poly w/ comparison to dynamic air.

-Changed power enrichment to find good settings.

-Added spark to the tables and took it away when i saw KR.

I added a 150 wet progressive nitrous kit. The tb is now relocated forward, tr-6s, racetronix fuel kit, my lc-1 crapped out on me and i need to repair it.

I really want to return this car to closed loop and maximize its economy and adaptability, driveability.

Tune is fixed to pull timing when the system is armed through an iat replacement relay setup.

Idle is great but i want to minimize fuel use on idle and once in a while on a fast drop in rpms, it will keep dropping and die (very rare).

It seems that my car runs absolutely amazing in some temperatures, particularly nights when the air is a bit cooler than the day time. During the day, it's warmer, and i get some more bucking and jerking.

What steps should i take to return this car to running closed loop and maximizing economy, along with fixing driveability in all conditions?

I believe my lc-1 needs a new sensor, i would like to fix that, then verify my v/e table and maf table once more. Then go into closed loop. What should i do to make sure my NB sensor does its job and what should i be doing with fuel trims? At this point i have ltfts off and im not even sure about stfts.

Here's a copy of the tune.