Sponsored by:

Opinions on Auto Tap EFILiveV5 for LS1's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Opinions on Auto Tap EFILiveV5 for LS1's

Hi,
I'm looking to purchase the http://www.autotap.com/EFILiveV5.html which is around $350 US dollars, this seems all too good for the money. I'm in England UK, only two service places in the whole country that claim they can service the 2000 Trans-Am, so I really want to have a go at doing it my self. I got to learn the 3rd Gen Firebird okay and now ready for thr 4th.

I mainly want to read what the ECU is thinking, not really wanting to play with values, but if I can I probably will.

Have any one got this hardware / software? What do you think of it?

Thanks

Dan.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Opinions on Auto Tap EFILiveV5 for LS1's

Yeah I've got it as do a lot of people on this board. It's an excellent piece of software IMHO. Get the Pro version with the control pannel and you can temporarily change a few PCM parameters, a very helpful trouble shooting feature. You will like the 4th gen a LOT better than the 3rd gen!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the info, I think i will get myself one of them. I already like the 4th better than the 3rd, still get many looks while driving down the road, plus I'm finally in a V8, my 3rd gen was a 2.8MPFI V6. Only seen a couple of newish T/A's with Ram Air over here, probably only a dozen here.

The Autotap looks an awesome bit of kit. You mention values being stored temporaly, does this include things like the Injector tables, I would assume these would stay set until changed.

Old 08-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

EFILive is different than Autotap though both are sold through B & B Electronics. EFILive was designed specifically for the LS1 whereas Autotap is more generic and uses a much lower data rate. You can't change the injector tables, but there is a fuel table you can modify temporarily. It does it by continuously rewriting the data, so as soon as you disconnect EFLive the PCM reverts back.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EFI Live has worked on every GM car i've thrown at it, and I MUCH prefer it over Autotap.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:48 AM
TECH Resident

I have now orders the EFILive5 with the AutoTap hardware, is all available onthe autotap website and has a special edition of EFILive5 with it to support the extras of LS1. Thanks for your advice, I will post how I get on with it. Hopefully will be able to work out the brains behind the SES light coming on and then off and so on.

Dan.