Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick tune question-need answered ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick tune question-need answered ASAP

This is a general question, but specifically I'm using a Predator on a 2000 TransAm.

I got the SES light for some problems. The car is still under warranty but before I bring it in, I want to restore the stock tune.

Will restoring a stock tune erase DTC codes??? I do not want this.

If so, does anyone know if a GM reflash of my PCM will brick my Predator? I've heard conflicting stories on this.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, the predator will reset the codes when you restore the original backup.

but if you really have an issue, the SES light and codes should pop back up again...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can use the predator to set it back to stock, as long as the calibration was stock when you pulled it out with the predator.
Every time you flash it, it erases the codes.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies.

I just talked with Diablosport, and they told me it wouldn't reset the codes. Now I'm confused.

I've been having this intermittent shift problem, well it happend today. It's a code P0748 "PC Solenoid Electrical". It's a Type C code, which means it won't set the MIL. I also have 4 other codes that are showing up, others are O2, misfires, and lean condition. These throw the SES light. Problem is that the car is under warranty, and these fixes are free, but they have to see that a problem exists. I'm not worried about the other 4 codes showing up, it's that elusive P0748 that really has me

Oh well, just going to reset anyway and see if they go away.

Last edited by nj02vette; 05-19-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well, I had gotten my answer direct from the diablosport programmer who creates the stuff... hehe...

who'd you talk to in tech support?? ya know how some of them tech support people can be... HAHAHAHAAAA...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Yep, reset them.

I got 3 of the 5 back right away, none of them set off the SES light. The random missfires code (P0300???) was the one that is probably setting it off, we'll see if that one pops back up.

I really wanted to take it to the dealer with that damn P0748 code, but I'll have to wait till that one pops up again.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

it may take 2 or 3 driving cycles to get it to pop again... so it could be a couple days

Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Restoring the backup to the car will, as part of the flash process, will clear any codes.

By any chance, are you running an aftermarket MAF on this car? (actually, just saw MAF listed in your sig....what is it?)
It also says it is tuned by ECS.....whats the deal there?
If they have tuned the PCM in the past, and you are trying to tune over it withthe Predator, you will have problems...

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

MAF is back to stock long ago, I should update signature.

ECS did a street tune on the car, and that's what's in there now. The only thing I've done with the predator is change the gear ratio and shift points and use it to pull codes.

The harsh shifting problem is something intermittant that has happend for a long time, before the ECS tune and before the Predator. Also, the SES light came on before the predator update, so I doubt that should affect anything.

I even posted this on the diablosport forums, where I wanted to use the Predator to just alter shift points and speedometer settings, on top of an aftermarket tune. For that goal, it has worked fantastic.

Quick Reply: Quick tune question-need answered ASAP