Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a diablo.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a diablo.

well my dad got me a diablosport programmer for my bday. and i was wondering how hard is it to tune yourself. or is this something you need to take a performance shop? and things i should or shouldnt do? thanks for any help at all
Old 05-21-2008, 01:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02yellowls1
well my dad got me a diablosport programmer for my bday. and i was wondering how hard is it to tune yourself. or is this something you need to take a performance shop? and things i should or shouldnt do? thanks for any help at all
Super easy, you'll have it done and installed in less than 5 minutes...

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

piece a cake...

========================================

get in your car...

make sure everything is turned off - heater/blower, radio, etc etc... doors closed... parking brake on...

plug the predator into your OBD port under your dash... let it boot up to the main menu...

turn your ignition/key to the ON position, but do NOT start the car...

on the predator, select Tune It...

it may prompt you for the tranny type you have... use the arrow keys to highlight it, and press the center "enter" button to select it.

It will then prompt you telling you that it is going to backup your original stock tune. click ok or continue, whatever it says...

it will create the backup, and tell you that it was successfully created. click ok, then you'll get to the Performance Tune menu...

choose Install Tune... and it will start installing the tune. follow the prompts on the screen. when the tune is in - it may prompt you to turn the key/ignition OFF for 10 seconds, and then turn it back ON (but don't start it)...

then it will tell you the tune is now installed in your vehicle and that you can unplug the predator.... done.

that's pretty much it.

do not turn on anything in the car while it's writing the tune - you will cause a voltage drop and it could hose the tune/PCM - effectively turning your car into a paperweight.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot. that really helped.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

cool man - have fun!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com