PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on my hard starting problems and more...(LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 05:10 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my hard starting problems and more...(LONG)

Well, i wil be the first to admit I am pretty lazy when it ocmes to working on my own car. But after living with my slower than expected, and increasingly slower everyday, ET's, and the hard starting problems, I decided to check things out. You can look at pictures 16,18, 19, 20 in my album from the link in my sig....

What will you see, oh not much more than a couple nice sized holes blown through the supposedly high pressure fuel injection line from my Walbro to the module top. Yep, went to the track after fixing the little Torque Arm problem I had last Friday (and I sprayed a 150 shot that night *wiping sweat off my forehead*), my TA bushing was ok, but the stamped metal clam shell that holds it was tweaked really bad and replaced today with a new housing and a Prothane bushing from TR. I ran a slower than bad run at 13.5 @ 104, and I was so pissed..lost 6mph, and gained a whole sec. off my normal NA runs. Made another watching the Predator (thank God I had this), and I seen KR, and since my low octane table was modified, I let off. Went back, added fuel, and reduced spark, just in case. Made another run this time watching the O2's and KR, right at launch the O2's reading 30mV and 45mV....with KR. I again let off and thought something is not right. Installed stock tune, thought maybe Diablo messed up the fuel reduction. Made another run and same thing except this time the o2's bounced from 30/45mV to 900/910 and naything in between sporadically. I knew there was something wrong, and figurede fuel issues. Went to the pit, pulled a couple plugs, which were brand new, and the damn things were bleached white, and showed a very hot, flame, damn near the leanest plugs i have seen in a car that still ran. Holy sheets! Got home, opened the access hole I cut, intuition told me to cut the hole instead of dropoping the tank on install of the Walbro..I love foresight, pulled the module and thats what I seen. I small tear right under the clamp, and then the fingertip size hole in the side of the hose just below that. Tomorrow my friend is bringing over some high pressure oil line, capable of 180psi, and submergeable too. Thank God this car didnt melt down. And to think I was close to using the bottle. Thanks to al those in here that gave input, and maybe this will learn me to get a dang fuel pressure gauge.
Charlie.