PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help car wont rev past......

Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help car wont rev past......

First off I have Auto Tap and Ls1 Edit. My rev limit is set at 7000. I have been shifting at 6500 rpm for 6 months. Well my car sat for a while waiting for a new clutch. A week ago I had the new clutch installed. I broke it in for 500 miles. The only other change was a set of NGK TR-6 plugs.
Well I took my car out last night and got on it for the first time after the clutch break in. At 6100 rpm the car stops getting fuel and starts bucking. It feels like I am hitting the Rev-Limit. I ran data logs with auto tap and everything looks fine. No knock and everything looks clean. I re-flashed my pcm to see if somehow my rev-limit was back at 6200. But it cam up at 7000 rpm. I am at a loss. I think it could possibly be a bad fuel filter or fuel pump that is not able to supply fuel at load. My only problem with that is I think the car is cutting out to consistanly at the same rpm every time.
Anyone have any ideas? I am . I think tonight I will try going over 6000 rpm at 50% trottle to see if that makes any differance.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Help car wont rev past......

anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Help car wont rev past......

Are you sure you set the rev limit right in LS1edit? Many people don't know there is more than one place you have to change the numbers to do that.

Search this Thread