Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick autotap question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick autotap question?

ok, i recently bought autotap when my car started to missfire really bad. at first i thought it was just plugs so i changed them. but, my ltrms were still bouncing around like crazy. then i changed the o2 sensors and found that i had blown out 1/3 of the gasket that connects the header flanges to the exhaust flanges. so, i replaced that (with a copper gasket) and started it back up and made some logs. well, my ltrms stay pretty stable now. they're allways around 0% so i think they're fine. however, my o2's still bounce around some and since i never had autotap before the car was messed up i don't know if this is normal or not. so, basically, i just want to know, is it normal (while driving around town) for the o2's to move around? since the ltrms are staying steady i think everything is working right now. i just want to make sure.

TIA
Old 08-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Restricted User

Default Re: quick autotap question?

Yes - when not under power enrichment or decel enleanmnet (i.e. what most people understand to be closed loop), the front O2 sensor(s) voltage will oscillate across the O2 threshold voltage about 1-3 times per second.
Usually bouncing somewhere between 0.2 volts and 0.8 volts.

Regards
Paul
Old 08-17-2003, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: quick autotap question?

thanks paul

just wanted to make sure i had it fixed