Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator custom tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator custom tuning

Has anybody here installed a custom tune from predator. I am doing h/c and was going to get them to send me a custom tune until I do the tc, then go ahead and dyno it and get LS1 tune.

If you have, please tell me what you experience was like (was the tune close?) and I also have a question about the "warning" in their instructions.

Any help would be appreciated,

Old 08-17-2003, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Predator custom tuning

Check out the post in this forum labeled "How good is the Predator" It should help with your question. The warning had me wondering too. It is only if you are using the "Create Diablo Performance File" option. It does not pertain to doing a custom tune. I have recieved and installed one custom tune from DiabloSport and all went well. Check out the other post and you can read all the details.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help. I will refer to that post. I called them and got the "warning" thing figured out. You were right, installing one of their tunes over their "performance" tune will really mess you up. You have to re-install your stock tune first.

My tune is on the way to them now, hopefully, good results will follow.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Restricted User

I have installed a few, as well as couple friends...no problems. They are about as close as you can get giving the information provided. I harp about getting reading to the vendor so he can get you the right tune....but too often people only post half the facts. My first tune, well, there was some codes that hadnt got erased and some other things, but it ran fine. Then After doing my cam, got a couple more. The best tune came from me providing the Wideband readings and Auto-tap files as well as a list of items i wanted addressed. My vendor, James, replied to my email and asked if it was all good before he got the tune, I checked each of the lines I had sent to him again to make sure I didnt miss anything, and that was it. Theres still a little tweakign that could be done, like add a few * of timing in P/N under 1200rpms, and stuff but, I am looking at doign more mods, so will wait.
The warnings, you ever read the warnings on Edit, or any other tuning device!