PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3bar map with stock OS?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3bar map with stock OS?

With some help from Haans249 I've gotten my car running pretty well without the blower on it. The version of EFI Live I have won't allow me to change over to a custom 3 bar OS and I really want some help tunning it with the blower on it so I'm planning on driving it to Thunder Racing which is around 6 hours from me. I have a 3 bar map sensor I would like to install before taking it to get it tunned on the dyno.

Is it possible to scale the stock map tables so that I can drive the car? I know I need a 3 bar OS to make use of the 3 bar sensor but I just want it driveable.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If possible, just bypass the blower, and take off the belt, and run without down to thunder racing. Once you get there hook it all back up, and let them have at it. If you run any kind of boost, then you're really asking for trouble without the extended MAP tables.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good idea Haans. Most likey I will end up doing that.

Come on guys. Is it even possible to do this? I could be working on it as we speak!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Back to the top. I really need to know. The intake needs to come off this weekend and it would be a great time to change the map. Come on guys, this is holding me up.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Someone please chime in.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

You will need to upgrade to a custom operating system to run that 3 bar.

What version of EFI Live do you have?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

You will definately need the COS to utilize the 3 bar function, but I thought you could scale a 3 bar map to work within an OEM OS. The MAP calibration is covered in the COS tutorial.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
You will definately need the COS to utilize the 3 bar function, but I thought you could scale a 3 bar map to work within an OEM OS. The MAP calibration is covered in the COS tutorial.
That is what I thought. I just want to be able to install the MAP then drive the car to he shop. They will change the OS before tunning it.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black01M6SS
That is what I thought. I just want to be able to install the MAP then drive the car to he shop. They will change the OS before tunning it.
yes, that you can do
Old 07-17-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HOW! lol
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every owner that tried that before getting the car to me or me to car was unsuccessful. All of those cars had previously been tuned (VE/MAF) without their power adders and they tried to just plug it in and run the car as-is. It's been a while, but if memory serves, they wouldn't even idle. Now if you have your own software, with some scaling I'm sure you can do it on the stock OS to get it to your tuner.

Why don't you ask your tuner? He will most likely be willing to send you a base flash through the mail, or email if you have software. I usually do it for mail-order tuning prices and then deduct from the price of the full tune when the car goes on the street and rollers.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have EFI Live, Haans has helped me dial it in without the blower on it. The car is running great now. I just want to install the map and rescale the map table in the stock OS so I can drive the car. I want to get it as near finished as I can and double check everything before I drive it 6 hours to the tuner.

I don't want to be rude to the people that I'm asking for help but are you guys even reading my post? I stated I had EFI Live and I wasn't trying to tune for boost with the stock OS and the 3 bar sensor. I simply want to use EFI Live to rescale the map table in the stock OS to make the car driveable without the blower...as it is now with the stock MAP.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

If you are taking off the intake, this is VERY simple. Tap the intake for a hose fitting while off the car. Re-install the intake and relocate the MAP sensor to a place that is easily accessible. Once you get to the tuner (staying out of boost in whatever manner you decide), you conveniently swap the easily accessible MAP sensor in about 30 seconds.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black01M6SS
I have EFI Live, Haans has helped me dial it in without the blower on it. The car is running great now. I just want to install the map and rescale the map table in the stock OS so I can drive the car. I want to get it as near finished as I can and double check everything before I drive it 6 hours to the tuner.

I don't want to be rude to the people that I'm asking for help but are you guys even reading my post? I stated I had EFI Live and I wasn't trying to tune for boost with the stock OS and the 3 bar sensor. I simply want to use EFI Live to rescale the map table in the stock OS to make the car driveable without the blower...as it is now with the stock MAP.
Mate to calibrate the 3 bar sensor simply go to the table C6301. The stock value for a 1 bar should be about 94.5. For a 3 bar you will want to go with about 295. Now to get it spot on what you will want to do is log Barometric pressure prior to removing the 1 bar. Then when you install the 3 bar and adjust C6301 as I have mentioned take note of Baro again. You will probably have to adjust C6301 slightly to make Baro the same for the 3 bar as it was for the 1 bar.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by macca_779
Mate to calibrate the 3 bar sensor simply go to the table C6301. The stock value for a 1 bar should be about 94.5. For a 3 bar you will want to go with about 295. Now to get it spot on what you will want to do is log Barometric pressure prior to removing the 1 bar. Then when you install the 3 bar and adjust C6301 as I have mentioned take note of Baro again. You will probably have to adjust C6301 slightly to make Baro the same for the 3 bar as it was for the 1 bar.
THANK YOU MACCA_779! lol. That was like pulling teeth. But Andy was right, it is right there in the COS tutorial for EFILive, gives you a nice break down. When you're measuring the Baro, you just have to turn power on, but not turn on the motor right? Then take note of what the map sensor is reading, then you should be able to scale the should be the number in C6301, by how much it is off (% wise) what it was reading before? Thanks again for the tip!

Adrian

Last edited by Haans249; 07-18-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Haans249
THANK YOU MACCA_779! lol. That was like pulling teeth. But Andy was right, it is right there in the COS tutorial for EFILive, gives you a nice break down. When you're measuring the Baro, you just have to turn power on, but not turn on the motor right? Then take note of what the map sensor is reading, then you should be able to scale the should be the number in C6301, by how much it is off (% wise) what it was reading before? Thanks again for the tip!

Adrian
Correct you don't need to start the motor on to see BARO. Just Ignition on.

Search this Thread