PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you re-sell a Predator?

Old 08-22-2003, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you re-sell a Predator?

I am wondering if it is possible to have the VIN marriage deleted from the Predator so it can be used on someone else's car. I feel I got royally screwed by diablosport with a tuning device that doesn't work. I had it for a few months with the standard performance tune (which worked great), then sent it in to have custom tuning done. They were unable to make the new settings work in my PCM. I sent it back and forth several times, each time getting no changes. Even as simple as raising the speed limiter - couldn't be done. I have purchased LS1 Edit, but the guy who e-mailed me from Diablosport told me it was impossible to un-marry the VIN. I have seen them for sale (used) and I was wondering how this info can be both true and false.

I'd like a refund, but I have owned this thing for a long time now. If I have to, I'll just throw it away. The base tune will not suffice. I should've bought Edit in the first place. Maybe it's just my PCM?
Old 08-22-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Can you re-sell a Predator?

yeah i think i have heard of it, not sure, but i think it has to be sent back to predator for this if its possible. emial them and find out
Old 08-23-2003, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Again, anyone bought or sold a Predaor yet?
Old 08-24-2003, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know about the re-sale but I have had great succes with custom tuning form DiabloSport. I just installed a cam and headers and some other mods(deleted a few items). The car runs great, no codes what so ever. I am really surprised that the custom tune did not work. Just thought I would let you know that I have never experienced this type of problem with the Predator. I am curious as to why it will not work correctly. Have you ever done a custom tune with another type programmer? Just wondering if this could in some way mess things up for the Predator. Just my .02 worth.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

No other tuning ever. It seems to work for everyone but me.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

i bought a used one, the guy I bought it from sent it back from where he bought it and they reflashed it or something and hten it re-married it's self to my car
Old 08-24-2003, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have heard rare ocasions of them being reset/exchanged if they cannot get the tuning correct, ect.

But to unmarry them, just so you can sell it ...i do not think they will do that. Talk to the vendor you purchased it from, for the best answer.

I bought one locked for $40 for a scantool...if that tells you what they might be worth.. sorry.

Ryan.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't mean to steal the thread but, I want to get a custom tune at MTI and I can't get my Predator to go back to the stock program does it matter??
Old 08-25-2003, 06:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

You do not need to restore the tune to stock when installing a custom tune with the Predator. Just load the custom tune into the Predator via your PC and then tune the car as normal with the Predator. You will need to get the software and instructions for doing this. Also you need to upload the current tune from your PCM to the Preadtor first. The instructions cover these procedures. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread