PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time This Happened! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time This Happened! HELP!!!

i was at work and went to start my car and wouldnt click over...i had plenty of power to run everything in the car but it didnt even try, so i thought a simple "jump" would do the trick...but that led me to what i thought would be disaster! it didnt work, so we started checking fuses, clutch safety, starter, sylanoids, etc and EVERYTHING checked out and was running at 12.7. i couldnt figure it out.. another guy comes out and fires it right up! i dont know how or why but it started and kept starting.

All of that to ask my question....what is my security light on my dash on for?

Please help me with this BS! thanks!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foys_Z
i was at work and went to start my car and wouldnt click over...i had plenty of power to run everything in the car but it didnt even try, so i thought a simple "jump" would do the trick...but that led me to what i thought would be disaster! it didnt work, so we started checking fuses, clutch safety, starter, sylanoids, etc and EVERYTHING checked out and was running at 12.7. i couldnt figure it out.. another guy comes out and fires it right up! i dont know how or why but it started and kept starting.

All of that to ask my question....what is my security light on my dash on for?

Please help me with this BS! thanks!
Sounds like the pass key system is failing. This is what reads the resistor in your key. Eventually it will fail completely an you will not be able to start the car, so its best to get it addressed now before it strands you somewhere.