Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Innovate LM1 vs LM2

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Innovate LM1 vs LM2

Title states... did some searching but didn't come up with anything useful. I see they don't even offer the LM1 anymore, and it looks like the LM2 is the new one. Anyone use both and can give an honest opinion of which is preferred? I read their site and the specs, I'm just looking for user feedback. Thanks!

-J
Old 07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall190
I'm just looking for user feedback.
I'm a previous LM-1 user. Bought it new, used it maybe six times. Had to send it back three times. They informed me they wouldn't fix it for free if the problem was on my part, well they fixed it for free all three times.
These guys have a shitty attitude when you have a problem.
I would not buy another product from them due to this experience.

Remember, you asked for user feedback.
And a misc. comment-Innovate sucks.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Your feedback is appreciated. And you're right I asked for feedback so there it is Sorry to hear you had such a crap experience with them. Mind if I ask why you had to keep sending back?

-J
Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Your feedback is appreciated. And you're right I asked for feedback so there it is Sorry to hear you had such a crap experience with them. Mind if I ask why you had to keep sending back?

-J
The first time it wouldn't connect to my PC to download recorded data.
After I got it back from that I did the exact same thing and it worked right.

Second time it kept switching back and fourth like it was loosing 12 volt power and getting it back.
After that repair it worked ok.

Third time it would shoot up to 19-20:1 AFR at random and hang there.
Thing is when I got it back it would still pop up to 20:1 AFR for a second when using it.

I took great care of this thing because I wanted one forever, I even left the protective film on the display, first time I got it back the film was gone and there was a huge scratch in it.

I even would unplug it when starting the vehicle like it says, to avoid potentially damaging voltage spikes (says that in the manual). Now think about how many things you plug into the cig lighter (GPS, cell phone, laptop, etc) none say to unplug it, and none ever fail. They know their stuff is garbage IMO.

Go to their website and give it a test run, I posted my problems there and moderators, everyone were ******** to me, saying I can't figure it out, I screwed something up, etc. I guess thats why they fixed it for free?
I even called them and asked whats taking so long once and they said they had to send it out for testing because they're not fixing it under warranty if it's something I screwed up.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I've just upgraded from 2 LC1's to a dual channel LM2. I like the LM2. I was surprised it didn't come with the serial cable, but I posted the "where to get it" question on their forum and got an answer very quick.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the follow up 9000th.

TA, good to know on the serial cable issue if I go down that path.

-J

Quick Reply: Innovate LM1 vs LM2