Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 Reverse Lockout

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default T56 Reverse Lockout

This is kinda a Tuning/Programming question with regards to the Reverse Lockout..
I just re-built my Automatic Harness into a M6 Harness with the required Connectors. I only put in the T56 Reverse Lights and the Reverse Lockout Wiring..I'm not really interested in the Skip Shift and left that junk out.

The Reverse Lights were easy..power on one wire of the Connector, and the other wire through the Harness to the Interior, and to the Reverse Lights Wire on the Automatic Shifter.
For the Reverse Lockout I put power to the power wire, and the other wire I ran to PCM Pin #44 Red Connector, Reverse Lockout Solenoid Signal.
I used the Pink wire that gave the Auto Tranny power to power these same two Circuits.

My question is how does it exactly work..does the car have to be completely stopped for the PCM to send the signal to open that Solenoid?
And for the guys that have done it through the harness like this before..as soon as I Tune it for the M6 will the PCM put out the correct Signal to open that Solenoid?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Might want to read my old write up that no one reads. Hope it helps. It might be hard to visualize what i'm talking about without seeing the parts for yourself and seeing how they work.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=reverse
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In tunercat there is a setting that allows you to set at certain mph when you can go into reverse.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Wonder if they got the same in EFI Live..
Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

actulay u can do one thing if u have the hptuners softawe u can compare between the A4 and the M6 files then copy the m6 calibration on to ur a4 file that way ur pcm`s serial number and ur cars serial number will be the same.